• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Checked the socket and not seeing anything and neither processor will boot in it. It powers up and the debug led gives me a C0 code.

Check closer.
C0 code is a ram issue but it's mostly caused by a bent pin or two in the socket.
Sometimes you can get it to post by using just one stick and trying in all slots.
RMA is inevitable.
Be warned though, if they find bent pins they won't help you at all.

Check closer.
C0 code is a ram issue but it's mostly caused by a bent pin or two in the socket.
Sometimes you can get it to post by using just one stick and trying in all slots.
RMA is inevitable.
Be warned though, if they find bent pins they won't help you at all.

Well no luck on the ram testing so I moved into inspection mode with a magnifying glass and lo and behold there is 2 broken pins. Guess no luck on the rma.

2 new gtx 470s yes new. Died from over clocking.
1ghz piii. Kill it doing a dice suicide run.
A lot of P4 system. I hate those.
Gtx580. It was a Evga card, the caps some how fell off lol. I sent it to evga and never sal it again.
Gt220. Died from over clocking.
Fx5900. Died from over clocking.
2 ati 9250. Died from over clocking.
Fx5600. Kill it willing being dumb.
Abit ix38. Killed it doing a dice run. Had a q9650 at 5ghz or close to it if I recall.
Abit vp6. Killed it wiling trying to get dual 1.4ghz p3 working.
6800ultra. died from overclocking.
Gt6600. died from overclocking.
8400. Died from overclocking.
Voodoo5500. Volt mod kill one of the 2 oscillators died. I put a new on one it and kill the card all together.
Pc power and cooling 910w psu. I don't want to talk about that one.
Deamcast. Volt modded the system witch kill it. Had it at 280mhz.

Im sure there is more.

Last edited:
TNT2 card in OSIBS contest.
.7 overvolt on mod did it in.

Yes, death to the TNT cards. :p May the voodoo3000 range supreme! :salute:

That reminds me. I volt modded a voodoo3000 and kill it. I had it at 220mhz if I recall. Not bad seeing as the cards stock speed was 166mhz.

About 3 years ago I got a used Phenom II X4 955 BE for around £80 (this was in my beginnings of noob overclocker), so plug it in, put lots of thermal paste, cooler and turn it on. Settings set in BIOS, Windows boots and notice it a tad hotter then it was supposed to. Back to BIOS, mess around with voltages and it seemed to fix it, so back to Windows to stress test. Massive heat spike, as in ~80c+, so turn it off, open case and notice thermal paste running off the mount (methinks I used a bit too much).

As I disconnect the CM212 Evo and pull it, the CPU comes with it and stays glued to the bottom of it... Minus a few pins which I wasn't able to remove from the socket so double loss.

Moral of the story : less is more...

2 weeks ago I got ASUS M8H back from RMA - couldn't see CPU, 00 error code. In about the same time I sent ASUS laptop to RMA - ~25 dead sub-pixels. Board got fixed ( I was waiting over 3 weeks ), sold it to buy ASRock Z170 OCF ... surprise, board was DOA, the same 00 error. The same day when I got that new, faulty board I also got laptop back from RMA - fixed but someone mounted display wrong or something as frame was putting some pressure on the display and top corners were much brighter. Laptop went back to RMA. Over 2 weeks ago I also got memory kit for review - couldn't run at XMP settings and I had to send it back.
That's maybe not what I killed as it wasn't my fault but I really have enough of RMA. Not to mention that store which sold me ASRock board don't want to replace it or give money back and said that RMA will take 2-4 weeks. So I have no money and no hardware.

I make almost only RMA on motherboards. I had dead CPU or two but in like 3 years while in the same time I made maybe 15+ RMA on motherboards. I can tell that 1 or 2 were my fault. Except that I had 4 damaged motherboards which were working so I didn't make RMA - like broken cover of BIOS reset button or bent pins/PCB ( not caused by shipping ).
In the same time I made maybe 1 RMA on RAM which I remember, one graphics card and one SSD ... and one laptop.

Chalk up a dead memory stick for me. One of my 2GB DDR2 sticks just randomly died while running at stock settings in an office PC. Wasn't even overclocked.

Hope G.Skill will honor their warranty. Seems unlikely since I don't have the original sales receipt, but I might as well try.

At least I found this out before I sold said PC though, as I had someone in mind to sell this to. Running Memtest v4.2 on the remaining sticks now, hoping at least most of the sticks work properly.

Had a Xeon L5618 that decided to die last month. Shut down the PC to install updates, and it wouldn't POST again. Tried in two different boards, and after a lot of troubleshooting it seems to be dead.

Also, my Celeron G530 seems dead. Put it into a Z77 motherboard here for testing, and it wouldn't POST. Tried with two other CPU's and they both worked fine. Upon inspection it appears that several of the lands/pads on the bottom of the CPU are covered in corrosion or something. Tried cleaning with Isopropyl Alcohol and cotton swabs, but it didn't help. Not sure what happened to that one, it wasn't like that when I put it away into storage in the CPU clamshell.

All this and I haven't even started on the Team Cup yet.

If I'm right then G.Skill needs from you only undamaged sticker with serial number but I never needed to make RMA directly in G.Skill so I'm not sure.

My laptop went to RMA for the 3rd time in 8 months. 2x replaced matrix = 1st time over 25 bad pixels, 2nd time over 7 and I sent it before I saw more. One time was too much pressure because of display frame and corners were too bright ( that was after 1st RMA ).
At least ASUS made it quick this time as it took 7 days with shipping. It doesn't change fact it's ROG series and I could expect some more for its price.

I'm barely testing anything lately ( except for work or reviews ) so it's hard to kill any hardware. However I have some issues with MSI Z170 board and it can end on RMA soon - it's randomly dropping VGS signal regardless if I'm using discrete or integrated graphics ( everything else is still working but screen is black and monitor says that lost signal ).

Woomack is right. All they need is the serial #. At least for me that was all. New sticks came in the mail but there was very little communication after I sent mine in.

Back