• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

I thought it would be cool to list some of our favorite software that we use. Maybe it will give us some ideas on software we dont have.

Here are some of my favorites:

CDex (mp3 ripper and encoder)

RazorLame (A great mp3 encoding tool that uses the LAME encoder)

Geisswerks (A very cool plugin for Winamp and cool screensavers too)

These are just a few of my favorite FREE programs.

Well, if it's totally free then I'd just like to promote Analog-X. They make alot of free software and most all of it is great. Simple, but very useful.

Last edited:
Jon said:
Well, if it's totally free then I'd just lile to promote Analog-X. They make alot of free software and most all of it is great. Simple, but very useful.

Damn, I forgot about Analog-X, that is some great freebie stuff in my opinion.

Thanks for pointing it out for the others.

AnalogX makes some great stuff, but my favorite Freeware is XTeq Systems XSetup (Windows Tweaks) and ZoneAlarm (personal firewall software, free and cost versions)

Favorite paid for software is Ontrack Systems Utilities: I have actually bought all of the last three versions! Usually I just stick with old stuff if it runs, but...

My favorite concept is Linux- not quite ready for prime-time so to speak, but getting closer all the time! I was amazed at RedHat 7.2's flawless installation (including gui) and inclusion of so many apps. At the rate its going, I think Linux may be ready for the average user (not like us!) in just a few years.

{note: I have 4 pc's using different flavors of windows and 2 using RH7.2}

Paint shop pro 7.whatever the newest one is. For all my digital Photos.

Creative Playcenter 2.56 for all my MP3's and Jukebox.

Acdsee for photo viewing

DivX 4.12 (if I can figure out how to make it work)

Ulead 6.whatever for DV editing

Here is another good one, called Iview or IrfanView. It is used for pics and photos and has all kinds of great options and plug-ins.

IView

Adobe

Webauthoring: Front Page 2002
Graphics: Photoshop 6 w/ Eyecandy 4k and the new KPT
DV Editiing: Premiere 6
Mp3 Ripping: Creative Play Center 3 ( i am sure there are better progs out there but this came w/ my audigy so it is the only one i have installed now)
Browser: Opera.... has basically same features of ie 6 but much more stable and i dont get all of these weird errors
Mp3 Player: Winamp
Operating System: Win2k SP2
Mp3 Downloader: Audio Galaxy
Burning Progs: Nero 5.5 and Clone CD 3

Back