• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nitro Cooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HitThaSpot

Registered
Heard only a little bit about it, but really don't even know f it has been successfully done, anyone done it ? and how do you do it ? I've been looking for pics of it, but never seen one "myth" ? :)

I read about it a couple years ago.

Here's what the guy did:

He had 2 big containers. One had nitro in it and the other had computer components in it.

The hardware was submerged in a special type of liquid that didn't harm the computer while running.

He ran a pipe from the container with the hardware submerged to the container with the nitro. This pipe never opened up into the nitro. it was simply used to pump the liquid that the hardware was submerged in through the pipe and let the nitro on the outside of the pipe cool it.

It worked quite well but it wasn't very practical.

he had temps like -11 or something like that.

You would think the fluid would freeze but it didn't. It actually turned to gel at a certain point and wasn't able to be pumped through.

I was just about to post that.

That's crazt though isn't it.

Is there any type of material that could stand having liquid nitro pumped through it.

Think water clooling with nitro

I'd prefer liquid he. No friction to reduce the cooling effect as the pipes pass through the system. (You know, laminant liquid flow vs. turbulant flow...)

Not that I have access to LHe. Or that I could ever actually build a system that could actually do it.

:D Kid

Back