• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Navig Exoframe--Completed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
awesome case but im not diggin the front grey / white fan grills and lian li silver 5.25 vent covers.... change em to black and that would be bitchin.

Navig, I was talking to caligula mate, not you. I would actually seriously consider one of your chassis when the time came in fact, and would pay much for than 250$ for one.

Navig...have you submitted this one to CPU yet? If not, with your permission, I'd be more than happy to.

Thanks for the comments folks!

Been using this system steady since it was built. Works bloody fantastic. I have changed out the side panel screws for thumbscrews, makes access easier. I also changed out the tubing for black with black coils. Like the black on black scheme. I'll post an updated pic sometime.

I did submit the system for cpu magazine--and am being under consideration. That's 5 times under consideration, twice accepted.

I'm sure I'll revisit this design system and come back with a smaller version, and I continue to pursue outsourcing the only difficult part of this build (the corner brackets). My benching stations continue to be in demand, so that occupies my time a lot. Who does 20+ scratch builds a year?

navig

Last edited:
We do not Buy / Sell outside the Classifieds.

If you have some sort of interst I suggest sending this member a PM, as this post has no added value to this Thread
tht I can see, other than an expressed interest in a purchase.

Please take this under consideration when making future posts.

Thanks and have a nice day.

WarriorII
Forum Moderator

how do u send a PM???

Last edited:
Thanks,

System is still running strong, F@H 24/7 q6600 at 3.6ghz with an 8800gts. At one point I did switch out the tubing for black tubing, so it has a nice black on black (antikink coils on tubing) look.

Still haven't found a decent outsource for making the elusive corner brackets.

As mentioned, if you are interested in a custom built case by me, please don't hesitate to contact me via pm.

That's spectacular. Really, one of the most brilliant designs I've ever seen in a custom case. I was wondering why I saw no wires all over the case - you'd put the power supply behind the motherboard. Just brilliant work all around, and well-executed too. Incredible job, man. :D

the brackets, i think, are the best part of the case :D
question though. did you have to do any welding? im about to start my own case soon and trying to makw it right the 1st time so im trying to learn as much as possable

im curious. in your builds, whats a list of tools that you most commonly use? i just moved and dont have access to my dads tools anymore lol

Most of my shop:

Drill press: standard bits, plastic bits, forstner bits, hole saws
Scrollsaw: lots of plastic and wood cutting done with this tool
Compounding sliding miter saw with metal and plastic cutting blades: I cut my aluminum components with this, as well as shorter plastic and wood pieces.
Table saw also with a plastic cutting blade: this is for ripping down large sheets of material.
Router and router table: also for shaping, edging and carving wood and plastic.
Dremel for sanding and grinding.
Hand drill.
Metal working tools: automatic center punch, drill bits and taps for 6-32 and 8-32 screws, rubber mallet, bench vise, rivet gun
Lots of home made jigs.

On the wish list: dedicated bench sander, band saw, dedicated metal chopsaw.

navig

awesome, thank you very much for the info, give me a better idea of whay ill need to make a case from scratch :) (and make it look good haha)

Wow. When I get my own house, in about 4 years I will remember you name, and I am going to buy from you. 250 is a STEAL for that kinda case perfection.

I can fit two of my present cases into this one ;-) Othervise very nice job. The reason I like this case is because the space inside my present casing is so tight that memory sticks are coliding hard drive bays. But with case like this one can have as much airflow as he wants.

Thanks,

Mini version for the wife may be my next project.

Back