• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ is not equal blah blah @#$#$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

along with my other probs, is there a way i could fix this so i dont keep getting those bsod erros with the IRQ is not equal?

try dissabling everything you DON'T use from within your BIOS - that should free up some numbers for you bro.

outside of that I dunno XP that well.

jbell said:
try dissabling everything you DON'T use from within your BIOS - that should free up some numbers for you bro.

outside of that I dunno XP that well.

i tryed that.. and now im left with this stupid driver problem.. i need to findout how to turn off auto install or something..
as you can tell im a lil unstable myself.. but my pc hasnt been running good lately, and i wont be able to buy my new stuff for at least a week.. :(

Maddman said:
do a search on google in news groups here is a message I found real quickly. http://groups.google.com/[email protected]&rnum=1

thanks, i dont think it will help... but im staring to think its these new drivers... but as i said in another thread that i cant get xp to uninstall the 23.12 drivers... and blah blah... but thanks.. altho it didnt help it gave me a few other ideas for tweaking my bios..

Hey bro, have you tried Detonator Destroyer to remove those 23.12's? Maybe that'll do it?
I think it's at guru3d.com, but I can remember, sorry.
I've been using the 23.12's too, but so far so good.

That error that your getting sounds like the same one I've been seeing too. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" ??

At Viahardware's Forums, there was a lot of talk about problems with Sound Blaster's drivers and IRQ. May want to look around there for some idea's.
I changed my modem and sound card around, based on info from there, but it's only been about an hour so I don't know if that took care of it or not. (don't know s#@$ about IRQ stuff...or much of anything else:D )

Good luck and if I find anything more positive, I'll let ya know. :)

Ya know, I started thinking about the 23.12's and it dawned on me that they could be the problem I'm having with NASCAR 4, cause I hadn't played it since the 12's were installed.

I used Detonator Destroyer to remove all drivers and then reinstalled 23.11.

No more problems with N4 ! :burn:
I can't believe I didn't think about that before. *stupid*

So Det. Destroyer will remove the 12's; and I hope that may correct some of the other bugs too.

naw i think its just my psu or my mobo, when my cpu is at default i run fine no bsod's...
so i bought a new psu, and ill get it soon..

also i want into the bios and disabled all my serial/com ports seeing i dont use them so i hope this will free up irq's so i wont get that error again..

Freeing up more IRQ's in bios may not do any good. Check in system information I bet many of your cards are sharing the same IRQ. This is do to ACPI. I flashed my bios to a version that lets me disable ACPI, this required a reinstall of XP and now every card is on it's own IRQ and I haven't had any more lockups since.

Well I'm changing my mind again about the drivers. :rolleyes:

After I had NASCAR 4 running for a while with updates, I started loading in some mods and bang!, my problem was back.
So I went through each mod, (cars, gauges, etc.) and sure enough one of them was my problem all along.
(one of these days I'll learn to do things the easy way)

Now as far as the IRQ Errors, I haven't seen one since I moved my modem and sound card, so hopefully that took care of that problem.

Back