• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i did it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

castor

Registered
well a while back i inquired about painting my monitor. I have a gateway ev 700, but I wanted it to match the silver of my alienware computer so i had to paint it.....After all the warnings, i decided what the hell, and I gave it a shot...Good thing is Im alive to tell this story.

it really wasnt that hard, just took a lot of time and patience
heres the finished result

Good thing you are alive to post this...Good Job!

Silver's a little harder to paint with than most colors, cause it never has a real even look to it. Congrats man.

yeah it was a pain...i went through a lot of paint...hehe.
Im gonna have to put some kinda cool amd xp sticker on it now. My next job though is a window

man thats sweet, i also have a big mod in my near future, still have to think about how everything is gonna look.

that looks really cool. as im looking at it through my ugly gateway ev700. :p

its a lot nicer than the norm. and it matches the case real nice
good for you

it took about six hours to do it and I let it dry overnight, I placed an electric heater real close to it so the paint could sort of bake on. It still works the same. I think I may detail it somehow.

Shouldn't the title of this topic be Yatta! instead of i did it?:D :D

Lol, that looks sweet, i wish i had an alienware case to match to!

that looks sweet!, may i ask what kind of paint you used?? i have been thinking of doing this to my monitor for some time to match my lian-li case as it is greyish!

actually I used testors spray enamel it took several cans to do it with sanding between coats. The color I used is metallic silver.
I should have primered it but awe well.

Back