• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lamptron's New Hose Clamps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Got an email from Lamptron last night and just had to bring it to you guys. Most of the people that know me know I am a very loyal user of screw-drive hose clamps. I like their shiny industrial look and they're the safest thing you can use.

Then I saw these.

Liquid Hose Clamps NL.jpg
:drool:

Here are a couple I think he took with his camera (Spawne32, is that right?)

IMG_9253.JPG
IMG_9259.JPG

Again... :drool:

I have no idea how well they work, but it looks like they would be just as good as hose clamps, if not quite as versatile. They're definitely better than Herbie clips or zip ties.

Just thought I'd share the news that -yes- it is possible for something to make me want to give up my treasured clamps.

Which, of course, brings us to the question only Spawne32 can answer...how much are they going to cost?

I would definetly use those. My number one problem with this would be forgetting to slip it onto the tubing before attaching it to the barb. I do that all the time

Wow, those are HAWT and would make me use clamps in the first place...I'll take 6 please, along with the FC-6!!!

Wow those are sweet! Down side is if you strip the Allen/Hex nut you're in big doo-doo.

I wouldn't mind have a set of those tho :D

Wow those are sweet! Down side is if you strip the Allen/Hex nut you're in big doo-doo.

I wouldn't mind have a set of those tho :D

The metal looks very weak, you could probably slice through in a short amount of time

:chair:

i dont watercool (yet) so i might be missing something here but why would you want to slice through it..?

if it gets stuck...

on a side note :drool:, anyone know if I can get some production samples :D

One major downside: If the tubing isn't just the right thickness there will either be a gap in the clamp or insufficient clamping because it can't be tightened any more.

I like the look, but i wouldn't use them.

One major downside: If the tubing isn't just the right thickness there will either be a gap in the clamp or insufficient clamping because it can't be tightened any more.

Aye, that's what I meant by less versatile. It would be just like compressions - you buy the clamps for the tubing. Easy enough to continue using the same size tubing though. My paranoid self always uses 7/16 ID / 5/8 OD, for that extra bit of security. :)

They are Aluminum!!!! We don't use aluminum in our rigs.

LOL, it's on the outside of the tubing, so no worries. I had to say it, sorry!

I really like them. Someone else was working on this idea in 2008, dunno what happened, but glad they are out, I'll get some for my next upgrade. Do they come in plaid?

nope, those pictures are from the pre-production samples in china, and they are 2.99 a piece. They will come with the screws, however there is a debate still about what style to use.

The metal looks very weak, you could probably slice through in a short amount of time

:chair:

they are CNC aluminum....

They are Aluminum!!!! We don't use aluminum in our rigs.

LOL, it's on the outside of the tubing, so no worries. I had to say it, sorry!

I really like them. Someone else was working on this idea in 2008, dunno what happened, but glad they are out, I'll get some for my next upgrade. Do they come in plaid?

lol no they do not come in plaid, but i hope to see more colors in the future as well as other designs

Exactly what I was thinking Bob... Which is why I still use worm-drive clamps that are just as strong and cheap (just not as pretty).

personally i think they look great but i wont recommend them unless someone gives me a dozen of then to test on a non barbed, tube to pipe @ 50PSI to see just how good the diameter matching is

They look good. When I am running my custom loop I use screw clamps like these, a zip tie right above it, and a cable clamp to keep it nice and tight.

Precisely.

personally i think they look great but i wont recommend them unless someone gives me a dozen of then to test on a non barbed, tube to pipe @ 50PSI to see just how good the diameter matching is

50psi? we test them already to REALISTIC cooling system pressures :rofl: the fuel pressure in my car isnt even 50psi lol

If thy are sized for 3/4 OD on 1/2 barbs then I'll say Spawn3e32 has the size right.

Don't matter, by the time I'm redoing my loop in late January we'll have plenty of feedback.

Spawne32, please, course threads. Fine threads make havok for noobies. You'll have "xthread I'm stoopid, dunno what I did wrong, used a hammer" issues.

Even a cautionary comment in the teeny instructions would help returns. I don't need instructions, I an notnoobishIstatehererightnow................

Until they read "crossthreaded clamps are due to your own idiocy, not mine".

Hopefully you have a good manufacture...........

Back