• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long hang at "Welcome" screen, but only on admin account.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tim655321

Hello,

I am running windows 7 x64. I have a password for my main account, which is an admin account. When I enter the password and hit enter, the "Welcome" screen stares at me for about 2 minutes before going to the desktop.

I can not figure out why this happens. I have tried the "don't use a solid color background" fix.

I have tried unplugging all unnecessary USB devices.

I have unchecked ALL of the items in startup services.

I created a new user account that is not an admin account, and has no password. When I select this account at startup, the "welcome" screen only appears for 1-2 seconds, and then goes to the desktop.

Why would my admin account hang so long on the welcome screen, but my other use account does not?

Both accounts have the same drivers and applications installed.

Any thoughts? I've been through a hundred forums, and have tried all the usual fixes, with no positive results.

Might be an application that needs admin rights to run during startup. Check for apps running on your admin account that arent running on the other account and disabled them from start up to see if it hangs again.

Back