• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to configurate fan speed on BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k88

I´ve m4a89gtd pro usb3, the issue is that I don´t have the option to set the parameters: I´m looking to: "if the CPU is under 40C the fans will operate at 30% equal 850RPM" in my BIOS is disabled that option, is seated 20C and I don´t reach that idle temperature..........I have the 1456 BIOS update.

So the option to set the fan is greyed out?

Could it be that you need to connect the right type of fan to the mobo? I'm thinking either a PWM fan or a standard analog one, depending on the mobo design. Most likely you'll need a PWM fan to control its speed.

So the option to set the fan is greyed out?

Could it be that you need to connect the right type of fan to the mobo? I'm thinking either a PWM fan or a standard analog one, depending on the mobo design. Most likely you'll need a PWM fan to control its speed.

I own a CM hyper 212+ and the fan is 4pin is connected to CPU_FAN but this doesn´t work too, the fields are greyed out or disabled, The CPU fan es more important to me that Chasis fan,

It looks like it could be a BIOS bug, then.

I gurgled for it and came across this TechReport review which explained that some of the fan options were greyed out, because their pre-release mobo had a beta BIOS.

Your BIOS isn't the latest BTW and you should update it straight away. There's a 1606 version out now and you should load it regardless of the fact that the changelog doesn't mention the fan issue; they often fix stuff without bothering to tell anyone.

Here's the Asus search result, because the bottom two hits appear to be the same mobo twice, but there might be some tiny difference between them that's critical for the BIOS. Check your model against these carefully.

http://uk.asus.com/Search.aspx?SearchKey=m4a89gtd

Incidentally, these are the kinds of features that Abit was implementing as standard in their mobos such as the AN7 way back in 2003. Abit were really innovative back in the day and my number one brand. Makes you wonder what took the competition so long to catch up, doesn't it?

Let us know how you get on.

Back