• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone managed an SLI Hack on a CHIV Formula?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

I have the above board, and would like to get SLI working, but the board is Crossfire only.

I have seen a variety of people saying they have had it running with SLI, but I don't see any proof that this is the case, or how they did it.

I don't "really" need to run SLI, but just fancy splashing out on a second 460 to boost frame rates and PPD when folding (although this doesn't need SLI).

So anyone on here done it and has info on how to? :burn:

Here's a link you might want to read through.
There is a patch for amd sli that supposedly works without hydra fusion. I'm considering it. Looks bulky with boot mods.

http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.30
I have seen a couple of people post on here who have done it. One with no problems at all and one that went through a week of problems to get it working, and not working well even then. Don't know if it was the operator or the hardware that made the difference.

That is the thread I have been reading.

Thing is it looks like old hardware in the pics - not sure if it will work with 2 460s.

Gave up on running that for the moment, have bought an EVGA GTS450 and running it standalone for folding / PhysX - got it watercooled by my old resorator :)

GTS 450 has been placed in my media pc and I have bought another MSI GTX460 1GB...

SLI hack worked! bit more noisy now though...

Back