• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra lite not installing right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

Everytime I try to install Sandra it goes through the motions and everything is is fine. Then it gets to the point where it says "creating registry entries" and locks up. Since Bill took away the ability to kill a process through task manager there's virtually nothing to do but reboot. Last time I had to use system restore because something went so terribly wrong my box just froze right after booting. I'm using windows 7 64 bit rest is in my sig.

Task Manager > Processes Tab, select process, press End Process button.

Have you tried running the installer as administrator? Right click it, select Run as Administrator.

Task Manager > Processes Tab, select process, press End Process button.

Have you tried running the installer as administrator? Right click it, select Run as Administrator.

ctrl+alt+del aka task manager is crap in windows 7. Bill took that away. I can tell it to end process but it says "looking for solution" and then never finds one or ends the process. After that I can say end process and nothing happens repeat as many times after that as you feel able. The process won't end. We need a decent fix for this. Installing as admin had no effect. Booting into safe mode seemed to help at first but in the end it failed. Probably because in safe mode there is no internet access even if you say with network support. I'm just sick of windows7 and it's issues.

I'm not sure what you mean by "taken away" and "crap".

Task manager is still in the same place its always been: ctrl+shift+esc OR ctrl+alt+del then click task manager OR right click task bar then task manager.

I usually see the "looking for a solution" window when hitting End Task on the Applications Tab. Try switching to the Processes tab and hitting End Process.

Are you trying the latest version of Sandra?

I'm not sure what you mean by "taken away" and "crap".

Task manager is still in the same place its always been: ctrl+shift+esc OR ctrl+alt+del then click task manager OR right click task bar then task manager.

I usually see the "looking for a solution" window when hitting End Task on the Applications Tab. Try switching to the Processes tab and hitting End Process.

Are you trying the latest version of Sandra?

I've tried the application and process they both seem to have similar issues. I'm using Sandra 2011. I'm not at my desktop right now so I can't check the version but I know it's 2011. I'm starting to think maybe I need to clean install again because I had an issue with DIVX not working. Finally got an old version 6 and installed it and it works great. Just doesn't make sense.

Back