• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i ugrade my psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torsionbar

Hello everyone. I jusr recently completed my first build and i need some help.
Right now i have a ultra x connect 2 550w psu. I origanally had a 6870 in this system and everything seem to run fine. I now have a 6970 installed and have been running into some problems. When i game(mostly iracing) When the game loads and i get a driver has recovered message and about 15 seconds later it seems to reset and i can play without any issues. I think i have narrowed it down to either the psu or the cheap mini display port adapter im using for eyefinity. Can someone tell me if that psu is even enough for my system and if it isnt can you reccomend a good qaulity psu, i would like one with modular cables. Maybe im going down the wrong path with my issue but i would like to eliminate the psu as the problem. Thanks for the help.

Asus p67 deluxe
2500k @4.8 1.365 volts
coolmaster after market cpu cooler, two fans
8 gb crossair vengance 1600
2gb 6970
blue ray dvd combo
2 hdd
fan controller
3 case fans
sound blaster sound card

From what i have read 550w should be enough but i have seen some bad reviews of the psu not being able to output the rated watts. I might be fishing a bit here but i have a feeling the psu is going to let me down. any thoughts on a replacement?

From what i have read 550w should be enough but i have seen some bad reviews of the psu not being able to output the rated watts. I might be fishing a bit here but i have a feeling the psu is going to let me down. any thoughts on a replacement?

well bring foward the firing squad, if you wish to avoid them stick for quality units ( corsair, seasonic etc. )

Okay guys, thanks for the help pointing me in the right direction. I went looking online and was able to find an antec 750 tp blue for 100 dollars. seems like a good price from what else i can see online. Would you recommend this psu? Antec is good Qaulity?

Back