• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750w PSU Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GlacialAngel

A while ago I bought this PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159111

Kinda cheap I know, but it worked well, powered everything (and had blue lights!) and was all I needed. Except...

Every time I turned it on my TV, CRT, and monitor went staticy. It was the worst on the CRT, and only noticeable on the TV when I was on a channel other than RGB, and same with the monitor when I was on HDMI/VGA instead of DVI (dual setup of course). By static, I meant these lines across all of the TV's, again being the worst on the CRT. I can't really think of how else to explain it (if anyone wants pictures then sure I can get them I guess).

It isn't my computer either, as I bought a 550w from OCZ and I get absolutely no problems from that one. I just don't know if that's a bad PSU and I should send it back, if my house doesn't have enough power through the walls, or if it's just a bad PSU compared to the one I bought, and was hoping someone here could give me an answer (I'm not an electrician, and Google has brought up NOTHING).

One last thing. It didn't create any static when I plugged it into a different room, only when it was powered up in the same room as all my TV's.

Poor quality PSU problem, get a better one and you won't have that issue... It's either creating noise on the power line or its putting out more EMI than normal I would guess.

Back