• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Requesting Assistance - Laptop Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZOMGart

Hey guys,

Alright, I've got a problem with my current laptop which is a DELL Studio 1555 and I need this fixed as it has become an annoyance.

I'm not sure exactly why the problem is caused and so I'm not sure if it's directly related to the GPU but it seems related.

Anyway, since around 3 weeks ago my laptops screen/monitor has begun flashing off and on every 5 minutes or so when viewing a video or having a number of tabs open. However, the problem on occasion occurs with only a few applications opened. And just recently instead of just the monitor flashing on and off it has begun putting my laptop to sleep which is such a pain.

I've tried connecting my laptop to another monitor/TV and it appears to happen more frequently especially on a large screen TV.

I've also tried re-installing windows but that hasn't seemed to work.

Any help on how I could possibly fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Art

EDIT:

Here are my specs if needed:

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (ha) running at 1366 x 768 res

well to start trouble shooting it. The first thing i would say is check your temperatures of CPU and GPU. It could be overheating. How old is it and when was the last time you cleaned out the dust?

well to start trouble shooting it. The first thing i would say is check your temperatures of CPU and GPU. It could be overheating. How old is it and when was the last time you cleaned out the dust?

I've got an external cooler for it but it does run pretty hot and on occasion overheats (shuts down instantly, hence the reason I got the cooler). It's only around a year old, and I cleaned the dust out of it fairly recently to try and fix the overheating.

Back