• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows and 2 HD5850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gellimac

Hi,

I am not an english speaking person so I hope you will undersatand me :D

I have on my windows 7 64 bit 2 ATI Sapphire 5850 Xtreme. With TRIXX I can overclock the first one at 1000MHz for the GPU, 350MHz for the Memory and 1200mV (this is not for game or benchmark)

I want the same configuration on my second card but I don't know how to do it. I tried to use AMD Engine Control Center, it OC both but I can't go over 900MHz for the GPU and I can't change voltage.
Same with MSI After Burner, I can't go over 1000MHz or change voltage.

I already tried to change the .cfg of MSI AB but this didn't change anything.

Did my only solution is to flash the bios?

If this is the case can you give me an appropriat bios for my card?

Just use one program to rule them all ! dont mix and match overclock utility's, it will just make things run wonky if anything. Use MSI afterburner for all your overclocking.

Also, running crossfire or SLI will reduce the overclock you get out of the cards, i had similar results, my first 5850 i got to about 900/1275 and when i bought my 2ed card to run cross fire i seem to get artifacts above 825 core, so i run 800/1200 (core,mem). honestly tho you do not need to have 1000mhz core running crossfire, 2x 5850 owns any game i have played yet. You should also put your specs in a signature or list your specs when posting. :D Welcome to OCforums

Back