• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Gaming Is Not Dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its totally the switchblade. Atom gaming platform? Meh... Basically a Indy gamer's dream or someone who still play WoW.
Totally agree that its the switchblade, which could be a great piece of hardware if done properly.

On a side note anyone seen that Portal: No Escape fan based trailer... pretty cool.

Probably should have put it in a portal thread o well.

I have to work on typing correctly and producing broken English... internet plague!! Time to go surfing with my switchblade.

Ummm, I'd say the console gaming is dying at the moment.
Because no more games come to ps2.

Its a switchblade :-/

...A...gaming laptop? They made a big deal over another gaming laptop? As far as specs go, it's not bad, not great either. 320gb hdd and a mid range graphics card (I think, are they coming out with a 570m/580m?) Really? Viva la revolución...or something.

Okay so its not the Switchblade, but its running the Switchblade UI. As for the specs rofl. The only thing it has going for it is the look, it looks snazzzzy.

A dual core i7? I thought i7 meant quad core with HTT?

Also I do not see a price tag, cant be much over a grand though. The have ultimate gamer laptops already that come with 580ms and real i7 chips

(EDIT: Oh just found the 2799 price tag.. only about twice what a comparable laptop costs *fail)

http://www.eurocom.com/

real i7 cpu (4c/8t) and 555M laptop 1080p laptop for $1050

Last edited:
Yeah it definitely looks nice overall.. But that gpu is just horrid for the 'hardcore' gamer. I understand that with it being so slim you cant have a high end gpu in there creating an inferno, but man, at LEAST a 560ti mobile equiv? or 6870m?

I'll never (seriously) game on a laptop. So I'll never buy a "gaming" laptop. But even if I was going to buy one, I would never spend almost $3000 on one. Now, that switchblade interface does look a little cool. I'll give it that. But, when you can buy a laptop with the same (or I'm sure even better) hardware, for much less than half the price, something is wrong with your product.

I just really hope that Razer knows the PC gaming community is laughing at them. The only "Blades" they will sell, are to kids with rich parents who don't know jack :censored::censored::censored::censored: about PC's, or PC gaming.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I've said it before here on the forums, but I just went through that Blade mini-site again, and I just have to say it again. I hate Razer, and their products. That image MattNo5ss posted sums up my feelings towards them perfectly. The only product I've ever considered buying from Razer, was a Blackwidow, which is because I wanted a mechanical keyboard. And even then, when I was about to pull the trigger on a mechanical keyboard purchase, I decided to just get a Das Keyboard. Which I still haven't done yet :(

Last edited:
Back