• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Gaming Is Not Dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While the design is amazing, yes I do think the trackpad being a touch screen is an amazing idea/concept for gaming, this laptop is about gaming itself in the end right? So if I were going to drop 2800 bucks on something that plays games, I would not want it coming with a low end 555 mobile gpu! When new games come out in a year or 2 this thing will not be able to play them worth a damn. Sorry they missed the mark with it.

That may be all they can fit in there from a size/heat/battery life prospective.

That may be all they can fit in there from a size/heat/battery life prospective.

Without a doubt that is the reason, but that still makes it a poor product because if it cant play games in 2 years without having to turn every setting off or to low, why drop 2800 on it?

I think if it's marketed as a gaming laptop, then good hardware should be at the top of the list. It's nice to be light, thin, and have good battery life, but if your gaming laptop can't play games, then what's the point? The LCD is definitely a neat and expensive feature, but I'm not sure how useful it will be...

Blade = MacBook Pro with Windows, so WinBook Pro? It has Windows, looks nice, it's thin, cost a fortune, but it's useless to the ~95% of people...

Okay, I can't believe no one has posted this article on it. The gist is.. APPLE'S! They make one product and if you don't like it you don't buy it, and there'll be a new one next year. Sound like an iphone? The goal of this product is to 'platformize' PC Gaming. Theres a great article on Kotaku, here: http://kotaku.com/5834795/i-cant-be...uture-of-pc-gamingit-may-be-the-future-of-pcs

The article brings up MANY good points.

Last edited:
That article definately brings a different view to the table, like Matt I don't agree with a lot of it. If every company operated like Apple, I think I would have to kill myself.

Right. I don't think platforming is the way to go either, but it brings to light the goal Razer has for this product, instead of just being an Alienware competitor.

Pc gaming wouldn't have "problems" with "dying out" if companies would stop saying that awful cliche. Razor doesn't make it any easier for the PC industry to take the phrase out back and put it down for good.

I just feel like every 6 months a corporation uses "PC gaming isn't dying..." cliche as some sick marketing ploy. Its pretty old and PC gaming has died yet. Doomsayers please join a cult, because you have created one.

It is refreshing that Razer have actually hired somebody worthy of the title 'industrial designer.' I loathe Apple, but too many PC enthusiast types seem to think that this kinda thing:

modding-pc-%2811%29.jpg

is good design and it is reflected in the various only slightly less horrible enthusiast cases and pre-built gaming PCs such as this:

alienware-aurora-alx-gaming-pc.jpg

Comparing Apple or Razer's machines to these is almost like comparing Ricer cars to an immaculate Aston Martin. Also, I'm not sure what demographic they are going for but perhaps it isn't all about the performance. At that price I suspect that they might be targeting affluent individuals in their 20s-40s for whom the machines specs are good enough and a cool design is essential.

Back