• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 and 2 560's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sargeantbob

Registered
If i'm going to be running a rig with:
Core i7 880
2 evga GTX 560's (may want to OC)
will my 620 Watt power supply be enough for this? Or should i bump up to around 900-1k?

Rest of the stuff (and above) is in my signature, incase you want to see that too.

If i'm going to be running a rig with:
Core i7 880
2 evga GTX 560's (may want to OC)
will my 620 Watt power supply be enough for this? Or should i bump up to around 900-1k?

Rest of the stuff (and above) is in my signature, incase you want to see that too.

Check out this website and see for yourself.

I would venture to guess your utilization would be around 80% of your 620W PSU. I would spring for a 1kW unit, let it run your system comfortably (and near it's peak efficiency level), and have more power for upgrades down the road.

The other issue you may have with your 620W is not having enough PCIE connectors for your video card (I didn't check, just something to look into).

TDP is 150Wx2=300W+100W (CPU)=400W for the three major parts. Factoring in the other stuff + OCing, I think the 620W could do it, but it'd be pretty close.

I really wouldn't recommend any normal user to go with a 1KW PSU. High quality 850W at MOST, but a 750W will run dual anything other then a 580/590/6990.

Back