• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd stereo 3d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been contemplating getting a 3D display, so I have the option at least. :) I've tested a couple in person, looks nice, but personally it tires my eyes - that was very short at events though, may be something that needs some getting used to.

While head mounted 3d displays may have a lot of history, I think they also have a long way to go - a lot of miniaturization and technology required to get the quality most would expect. Hard to compare something you can mount on your head comfortably to the quality you get from a nice 1080p 2D TV currently.

I checked out a panel at CES last year that required no glasses. It was cool, gave a pretty good picture, but had some deadspots within the viewing angle. It was weird - the viewing angle was very wide, however if you were sitting on the couch and tilted your head to the left or right, you could see something wasn't quite right. So long as you didn't wiggle too much, like once you got comfortable on the couch, it was fine... But if you shifted, you might need to make sure your head is in the right place again. Cool technology, but it was in limited demonstration at the time (press access only), so I think they agreed that it had a ways to go yet.

it looks like some of them use a tile pattern , nifty eh? idk if that would solve the problem your talking about. from what I have read it still seems the head set is the best even if the resolution is ****.

i thought any good gpu should be able to plug n play blue and red . I didnt, and dont, know **** about 3d before i read this
http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newsle...gi?news_id=93/ good read , if you want to know the history of 3d.

i didnt do a lot of googleing any good info links

Back