• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 6950 got disabled @ newegg, no chance of crossfire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can run any 6950 with any other 6950. You can also run it with any 6970 or 6990 (though not necessarily recommended). I would have gone with 2GB cards though especially if you are gonna crossfire later.

Buy any other 1GB 6950 and you'll be fine. I have an XFX 6950 playing nicely with my two Sapphire 6950s.

This has been the case for multi-gpu for a long time, if not forever. Vendors don't matter.

Thanks guys, I am still in my second year of unassisted tinkering. This has been a big help. I wish I would have gone with 2GB cards.. I honestly thought they were overkill, then games started dropping that needed them. (I'm looking at you, RAGE)

You could sell off your current card and buy a 2gb set if you feel that you need it especially if you have classified access.

Back