• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 300 Comes Without Speaker! WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomBrooklyn

Who builds computers without an internal beep speaker? :screwy: What's the story on that? :confused:

I'm building a comp into an Antec 300 case and I found it has no internal speaker. :drool: Huh? :rolleyes: I never heard of a computer without a beep speaker.

I called Antec and they told me some people don't like an internal speaker so they stopped including them. I googled it and it seems to be standard with Antec not to include a speaker.

I am flabbergasted! :eek:

Some motherboards have it on them, or cases include one but its not plugged in. But that is what debug LEDs are for on mobos. ;)

Welcome back tom...!

I prefer that cases have them, but many don't these days. Motherboard POST code LEDs are much more useful and less grating on system startup.

I expect Antec saw an opportunity to cut costs.

I wasn't upset at all when I found out it didn't come with one. Just one less thing to plug in, one less wire in the way, and no annoying noises, ever. :D

It's not really necessary anyway.

Who builds computers without an internal beep speaker? :screwy: What's the story on that? :confused:

I'm building a comp into an Antec 300 case and I found it has no internal speaker. :drool: Huh? :rolleyes: I never heard of a computer without a beep speaker.

I called Antec and they told me some people don't like an internal speaker so they stopped including them. I googled it and it seems to be standard with Antec not to include a speaker.

I like you because we get angry about the same things. I've had a couple of cases I went through recently, none of which included a case speaker.

The Antec 300, Corsair 650D and Corsair 500R.

Most cases will include a small beep speaker that hangs directly off the motherboard.

I have not seen an actual speaker in years.

...that is what debug LEDs are for on mobos. ;)
Hmmm. I haven't located one of those on my mobo yet. I dont' think it has one. :shrug: It is an Asus P8 P68-V LX, which is one of the lower end P-68 boards Asus makes.

Welcome back tom...!
Thanks for noticing and mentioning it. :welcome: I finally got around to putting this system together that I was looking into last time I was here. :comp:

Motherboard POST code LEDs are much more useful and less grating on system startup.
That makes me even more curious if I this mobo has one. I did get it to post right away on start-up though, anyway. :bday:

It's not really necessary anyway.
I wasn’t sure why it might be important to have a beeper; I just know every computer I’ve ever had beeped now and then. :sly: I think when it started up. :cool: This is the first computer I’ve built myself. :ty:

Most cases will include a small beep speaker that hangs directly off the motherboard.
I saw what must be one of those things in NewEgg’s YouTube video How To Build a Computer Part 2: The Build, near the beginning when Paul built the first computer.

I like you because we get angry about the same things.
I would say I was curious, more than angry; but I like you too. :clap:

i havent seen any computer speaker in a case since the antec 900. had a bunch of cases since, i don miss it. it was annoying anyways.. motherboards have speakers built in anyways, case speaker is redundant.

Who builds computers without an internal beep speaker? :screwy: What's the story on that?
I bought an Antec Nine Hundred case.

I was disappointed that the case did not not come with a speaker or buzzer nor a power LED.

I ended-up using my own spare buzzer and power LED.

I bought an Antec Nine Hundred case.

I was disappointed that the case did not not come with a speaker or buzzer nor a power LED.

I ended-up using my own spare buzzer and power LED.

I love their logic on not including a power LED though. "The case is basically just a collection of lights soo... we just won't put on a power LED" :rofl:

My main concern is that your motherboard doesn't have a speaker. Seriously, what kind of stupid board doesn't have a speaker? Aren't they actually part of some required standard or something, even?

Back