• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build log] NZXT Switch 810 "WHITE WIDOW"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stainlineho

So after about a week of research I have finally settled on my future build. I decided to make this my first water cooling build and wanted to do it right the right time. While thinking out the process I decided it made no sense at all to water cool only the CPU. I figure the GPU is the loudest, most annoying, and gets the hottest...might as well cool both. So here are the parts I have decided on. Parts will start coming in tomorrow (Micro Center) and then pumps, res, rad, case, tubing should arrived within the week. Oh, also a new PSU but I think that may go back for an exchange. Here is my current parts list:

INTERNALS
CPU:
Intel i5-3570K
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: GSkill 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 (Short PCB)
PSU: Corsair HX or AX 750, most likely AX so I can run all white power cables.
Case: NZXT Switch 810 white
SSD: Intel X25-M 160GB
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black

COOLING
CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee XT
GPU Block: Swiftech Universal GPU block
Radiators: Swiftech XP 360mm and Swiftech XP 240mm
Pump: Swiftech MCP35x
Reservoir: Swiftech Res v2b
Tubing: PrimoChill white 1/2" ID/ 3/4" OD
Fluid: Distilled+Killcoil
Fittings: Bitspower barbs (various in black)
Clamps: Danger Den white delrin clamps

I am very exciting about this build and have a pretty decent, pretty new Sony point and shoot camera that I will use to take photo/video. I plan to keep this thread updated as I build the machine.

I welcome and appreciate all comments!

Last edited:
Picked up the motherboard and CPU today from Microcenter. Conviced myself I did not need to pay the extra $100-120 for a Max V Gene. $296 out the door. Case, PSU, and other loop gear will be in this week. I will continue to keep the pics coming as this will be a slow assemble as parts come in.

Attachments

• mobo_cpu.JPG
    mobo_cpu.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,534
  • mobo box.JPG
    mobo box.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,521
  • mobo2.JPG
    mobo2.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,560
Last edited:
Stainlineho, that is cool you started a log. I need to so the same thing. We are building pretty similar rigs. I want to follow your posts for sure:thup:

I'm a big fan of the color scheme on that board! Please keep us updated! This looks like it will be sexy! :)

Case, CPU block, pump, and res came in today! Will be working on it a little tonight but I will takes pics of everything first.

I will try to install my CPU block and install the motherboard into the case tonight. Will be looking into possible mounting locations for pump/res as well.

Case, CPU block, pump, and res came in today! Will be working on it a little tonight but I will takes pics of everything first.

I will try to install my CPU block and install the motherboard into the case tonight. Will be looking into possible mounting locations for pump/res as well.

Can't wait to see your pics:)

Got a lot of parts in today and even more coming in the next 2 days!

Cooling Parts!

NZXT Switch 810
I must say I am very impressed with this case. I saw a lot of features that I did not read about or see in the pictures. Very good construction and well packed.

Box was a little dinged up:

First glimpse:

Side shot:

Front shot with fans and front panel:

Rear shot:

Side view:

Top View:

Rear panel view:

Case broken down:

Swiftech Apogee XT rev2

Swiftech MCP-35x

Swiftech Reservoir v2b

Mother, CPU, and CPU Water block installed, now time to go game haha...

Cool pics thanks for sharing!:thup::clap:

Where did you get your CPU block from? I have found an XT only HD?

Got a good bit of parts in the last 2 days and my GPU plans have changed.

I picked up this card today. I plan on putting a universal block on it with some decent heat sinks.

EVGA GTX 670 - I plan on OC'ing this thing pretty good.

Swiftech 360mm and 240mm

Gentle Typhoon AP-15s

Some pics installed. Top fans pulling in cold air, bottom fans pulling in cold air as well.

Love this pic!

Corsair HX750 PSU

10' White Primoflex hose

Various bards, will probably have to order a few 90 degree barbs.

And finally, my first "minor mod" to the case. Drilled two holes to relocation optical drive 1 bay down, LOL!

Enjoy! I plan on mounting the pump/res tonight and start some tubing.

So I got my pump/res mounted and ran 1 tube. Can anyone recommend some fittings or loop route? I'm just trying to plan out one last order of bards and other odds and ends...well at least trying to make it one more order...

Last edited:
Awesome! I've been wanting to see a build in an NZXT Switch 810.

I'd recommend you get that route from res/pump to radiator really tight. Maybe even use an elbow fitting and route to the closer barb instead. That's one part of the setup that's not going to move much, and it'll pay to have it out of the way. That also frees up the outer barb on the rad to go somewhere, likely the GPU.

See if you can't route the radiator up top to the res inlet in a similarly tight way.

Awesome! I've been wanting to see a build in an NZXT Switch 810.

I'd recommend you get that route from res/pump to radiator really tight. Maybe even use an elbow fitting and route to the closer barb instead. That's one part of the setup that's not going to move much, and it'll pay to have it out of the way. That also frees up the outer barb on the rad to go somewhere, likely the GPU.

See if you can't route the radiator up top to the res inlet in a similarly tight way.

Thanks for the insight. I need to order a few 90 degree fittings so I can check out all my options. I was definitely going to put a 90 from the top rad to the res. Good suggestion about trying to move that tube to the inner inlet on the bottom rad.

im interested to see what waterblock you choose for that 670, i have a switch 810 case in black im doing a build in and am down to choosing my GPU unit. I have had my eye on that card for some time and am curious what it is going to look like all finished.

im interested to see what waterblock you choose for that 670, i have a switch 810 case in black im doing a build in and am down to choosing my GPU unit. I have had my eye on that card for some time and am curious what it is going to look like all finished.

I ordered this guy right here:

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCW-82-VGA-Cooler-pr-4853.html

I am debating on whether or not to cool the vRAMs with passive heatsinks. They would look ugly. EK is developing a full cover block for the card. I think if I have good airflow over the card (which won't be an issue with the Switch 810) the vRAMs wont need heatsinks. There are 8 vRAMs total with 4 on each side...so 4 vRAMs aren't even under the stock cooler. Thing still runs very cool in the Arc Midi it currently resides in. You will have my rid to look at probably end of next week....looking to complete it by next weekend.

Back