• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network card and system performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsambo12

Registered
I bought a few SOHO Fast Ethernet adapters to network my three computers. I installed the card in my main system and it caused the performance in my 3d games and 3d benchmark software to degrade quite a bit. The 3d graphics are very stuttery and choppy. Performance was so smooth before I installed the card. Is there something I can do to change this? would updated drivers work? I cannot accept the performance hit. If there is nothing I can do, let me know, I will remove the dam thing.
when I put the car in, windows automatically installed drivers so I didnt even have to use the disk that came with the card. When I tried to update the driver it said the best drivers were already installed. The box says the card meets pci Bus Specification 2.0 and uses pci 32bit bus master architecture.

Thanks for help/advice

Sam R.

hmmm...make sure the NIC isn't using the same IRQ as the video card, I have seen this before, and thats usually what it was....

try changing the slot the NIC uses and see if it helps...

Just a suggestion though...:D

Back