• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck installing Accelero X III to hd 5870...Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC_Wannabe

Hey guys. I am trying to install the 'Accelero Xtreme III' gpu cooler on my HD 5870 gpu, and I am stuck on the installation guide #4 which says:

#4 Apply the insulation tape onto the 'circuit components' in order to prevent short circuit caused by RAM and VR heatsink interference.

Now, my only problem here is the 'circuit components' because i do not know where those are on the 5870 pcb. The gpu on the illustration guide is showing a different card (which i believe is a gtx 680). That is why I am a bit confused and cannot locate where the 'circuit components' are.

I have found a layout of the hd 5870 online. If anyone could kindly draw lines to where the circuit components are, i would be very grateful.

Here is the link to the 5870 layout:
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2009/09/ati-radeon-hd-5870-architecture-analysis/10.jpg

I hope someone can help me out. And thank you for your time.

Welcome wannabe, I wasn't 100% sure where to put it on my 5850 either but this is where I put it and I haven't had any issues. FYI you should be very happy with it after the install, I noticed 20c drops in temps under load and no more jet engine.

Attachments

• 5870 capture.PNG
    5870 capture.PNG
    475.4 KB · Views: 133
Thank you!

Yo Mandrake4565, that was quick man. Thank you sooo much! Is that your build on your profile pic? That looks sick! Thanks again dude.

Yes Wannabe that is the build in my signature and profile pic, thanks. I just purchased a FX 8350 last week. So far I've gotten it to 4961mhz stable. :)

Back