• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Releases the Kraken! AIO CPU Coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ohh FB. That's a big help. Whats FB? Just kidding, but you need a solid reviewer that is non biased to do all 120x2 AIO coolers. Good luck finding one with no bias since you gave him all the stuff.

What are you even talking about? We send out review Samples to a bevy of reviewers. That's right, a bevy.

Sending a guy to China etc to make changes when profit is the primary objective, having folks work for pennies with the 'Big Overseer' visits the factory, and saying... Well if we increase this it will cost the stockholders 0.5 cents per unit, we don't want to do that.

So sending our guy off to ensure that our product meets OUR and customer expectations is a bad idea? Funny, never thought improving a product for end users was a bad thing.

And, NZXT is a small, privately held company that does not have stockholders that pump millions into the business and expect billions in return. I understand what you're saying, and perhaps it would have validity, if, you know, we were actually a publicly traded company and churned out and priced our products the way Apple does, but we don't.

Sorry, but your assumption that NZXT is just another big corporation is false.

They all need reviewed by the same tester. All of these 120x2 AIO coolers. Then we'll know which one is the best out of all of them. We'll have to wait and see for long term warrenty, customer service and reliability.

I just don't think having a person visit a factory to ensure stuff is right is the correct way. But probably the only way. Not sure if you designed the AIO from ground up or a 120x2 AIO OEM manufacturer and NZXT got together and used thier specs, their design with a NXZT badge and slighly different plastic cover for the pump. And a pretty box.

Your doing this for profit, not to make the very best AIO cooler out there and the best bang for the consumers money. That's what companies do. It's how they handle profit vs quality vs 'how important is the customer' is the issue. And you folks do pretty well when it comes to customer service, thank you.

NZXT is jumping on the AIO bandwagon like everyone else, and everyone is cutting corners for profit and market share. That's what businesses do....... make profit.

And I don't Facebook. I did, I dropped it.

Your right, every company should be in the market to never make a profit off of anything they sold. Oh... wait.

The Kraken is different from other companies who use Asetek as an OEM, it was designed that way. Different radiator both in size and construction, different pump housing, built in Hue, etc.

As for a single reviewer, that idea would never work. For how good Martin was, how many people do you think actually went to his site out of the entire PC community? I'm betting a meager 2% at best. That's not to say Martin wasn't good, he was, he proved it, but he didn't have the exposure that 50+ reviewers have. Not to mention, there's already plenty of reviewers out there who do comparisons of heatsink products, just about every major site has a reviewer who does it.

So you folks found/designed better stuff? Good for you!

I know the AIO scene is so full of quick OEM stuff, heck with the RMA costs, our production costs are sooo low we'll make good profit.

Your product isn't bad, and I'd really like to see a head to head comparison with the TT 2.0, H100i, and your Kraken, all done by the same exact person. That is where we would see the real diff. That only happens with folks like Martin who never spewed reviews. He did tests, in a home lab with very good equipment.

I'll let it be, I'm not attacking you, just the testing and 'love' that many show in the design of a product. Tht's reserved for the custom watercooling folks, where a nice pump and 4 compression fittings cost more than ANY AIO unit.

I am waiting for the comparison with the Corsair H100 too.

I hope it wins by a decent margin, we need improved products!!

I think I have more experience than most with the inner workings of NZXT R&D/engineering, and I have to say that I am very impressed with how much they care about the quality of their products.

So you folks found/designed better stuff? Good for you!

I know the AIO scene is so full of quick OEM stuff, heck with the RMA costs, our production costs are sooo low we'll make good profit.

Your product isn't bad, and I'd really like to see a head to head comparison with the TT 2.0, H100i, and your Kraken, all done by the same exact person. That is where we would see the real diff. That only happens with folks like Martin who never spewed reviews. He did tests, in a home lab with very good equipment.

I'll let it be, I'm not attacking you, just the testing and 'love' that many show in the design of a product. Tht's reserved for the custom watercooling folks, where a nice pump and 4 compression fittings cost more than ANY AIO unit.

And people who do custom watercooling make up what percentage of computer users? Probably .5%. If that. I have my own custom loop, with an Aquaero fan controller, Intel CPU and AMD GPU all on the loop. That's neither here nor there, and it makes me no better than anyone. I did it because to me, I like it. I like building it, planning it, overcoming obstacles... but that's me. The majority of people out there either don't have the budget to do a custom loop, or don't want to, or both.

The market is shifting from Aircoolers to AIO units. That's what the consumers have shown that they want. There's no sense in ignoring that. We have a lot of products lined up for next year, and a lot of it is to meet growing consumer wants/needs. As a company, you can't ignore that. It's why we've seen companies in this industry go by the wayside and die a terrible death. They ignored what the majority wanted, tried pushing things either too early or far too late, and it was done for them.

Back