• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Releases the Kraken! AIO CPU Coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XNine

Official CASELABS Rep
Hello everyone!
We here at NZXT have just launched our first AIO coolers, which also happen to be the world's first 140mm and 280mm based AIO coolers!

MAIN_800x600_13.jpg

World's first all-in-one 140mm and 280mm cooler with capacity to mount up to two 140mm/four 140mm fans
• High performance pump and copper block with interactive digital fan control
• Integrated HUE controlled LED pump cap
• Large tower support with extended 16" tubing and premium black sleeved cables for a clean look and improved airflow
• Completed sealed system backed by a 2 year warranty

Behold! The Kraken!
X40 http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/cpu_cooler/kraken_x40
X60 http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/cpu_cooler/kraken_x60

Hmm, nice. Seems you got the contract with the maker of all the other AIO systems.

140mm and 240 mm cooler means you use a bigger rad. I get the math.

What makes yours better?

Integrated HUE controlled LED pump cap?

HUE? Nice, I want 3.

Hmm, nice. Seems you got the contract with the maker of all the other AIO systems.

140mm and 240 mm cooler means you use a bigger rad. I get the math.

What makes yours better?

Integrated HUE controlled LED pump cap?

HUE? Nice, I want 3.

There's roughly 30% more surface area than other AIO units out currently, with a more dense fin construction to allow better dissipation of heat.

Sounds like the pump guts are probably the same as the Water 2.0 Extreme, there's a MCU in the Extreme for pump RPM/temps, wouldn't be hard to add more code for colored LED stuff.

Nice big radiator though. How thick is the radiator?

yay another aio!
lol looks the same but could be nice we need one for review if ya know what i mean ;)

are those the 1200 rpm nzxt fans?

edit: just looked they are upto 2k rpm, thats good because the 1200 ones are choking on my mcr 240

Last edited:
Sounds like the pump guts are probably the same as the Water 2.0 Extreme, there's a MCU in the Extreme for pump RPM/temps, wouldn't be hard to add more code for colored LED stuff.

Nice big radiator though. How thick is the radiator?

Unfortunately, the rads are only 27mm thick so it is a slim rad.
What I want to know is which will cool better, the X60 slim 140*2 rad or the thick 120*2 water 2.0 extreme rad which is 38mm thick?

Well, the Extreme has 1094.4ccs of volume and the X60 has 1058.4ccs, given equal CFM through the radiators I expect roughly no difference, assuming fin density is equal as are the fans.
The X60 will fit some cases better, the Extreme will fit others better.
Amusingly the X60 would fit my Tt Armor Revo better.

That's one to ask Mudd about, as far as I know he handles all the CPU cooler reviews around here.

I'm rather interested as to what the pump PCB looks like.

Well, it's December and not a freaking hint on the release dates of the Krakens. Not even from nzxt. I'm just gonna treat the krakens as vaporware.

They are in stock at a few overseas shops already. I imagine US availability should follow suit end of the month/beginning of the year. Getting a product past any certifications you want it to carry in the USA takes time, then you have to get them through customs.

What I want to know is does this unit sport a copper radiator? If so Id be interested in one for a buddy, if not he will be getting a custom loop for his Bday.

Well, it's December and not a freaking hint on the release dates of the Krakens. Not even from nzxt. I'm just gonna treat the krakens as vaporware.

On the Contrary. Rob, our Product Manager has actually been overseas for the last couple of weeks making some tweaks to the units that he felt were necessary. They've already started to ship out. In fact, we posted this information on our FB page like 5 or 6 days ago. :salute:

Do they outperform the H100, or does it "almost" perform as well? If its "almost" as good, you should tell the product manager to quit wasteing everyones time and release a product thats better :thup:

The "me too" product releases do get tireing, and are for the most part a waste of time and money..

So heres hopeing you guys can deliver!

Do they outperform the H100, or does it "almost" perform as well? If its "almost" as good, you should tell the product manager to quit wasteing everyones time and release a product thats better :thup:

The "me too" product releases do get tireing, and are for the most part a waste of time and money..

So heres hopeing you guys can deliver!

If it's almost as good as the box is shiny and at .04% cheaper than the other, and NZXT has better marketing and can make money whats the big deal? It's about profit and informing the uninformed with the magic graphics and words expoused that it 'Unicorn magic' to the masses.

Where does that come into performance?

You want performance, you buy real watercooling, not some slap it in Best Buy premade junk anyway.

Disclaimer. I kinda like these premade systems, they aren't that bad. Once they realized the 120x1 systems gave no temp benefits, they are getting it right.

LOL, they all are made probably at the same factory, just a different plastic top and different logos.

What is the big deal that it can beat another premade loop hope it makes it past warrenty so we don't have to RMA setup cooler?

It's about Profit, nothing more.

On the Contrary. Rob, our Product Manager has actually been overseas for the last couple of weeks making some tweaks to the units that he felt were necessary. They've already started to ship out. In fact, we posted this information on our FB page like 5 or 6 days ago. :salute:

Ohh FB. That's a big help. Whats FB? Just kidding, but you need a solid reviewer that is non biased to do all 120x2 AIO coolers. Good luck finding one with no bias since you gave him all the stuff.

Sending a guy to China etc to make changes when profit is the primary objective, having folks work for pennies with the 'Big Overseer' visits the factory, and saying... Well if we increase this it will cost the stockholders 0.5 cents per unit, we don't want to do that.

etc. It's assembly line profit stuff, the quality or care isn't there. :rain:

Last edited:
Ohh FB. That's a big help. Whats FB? Just kidding, but you need a solid reviewer that is non biased to do all 120x2 AIO coolers. Good luck finding one with no bias since you gave him all the stuff.
I, as a reviewer, take offense at this statement.

Bob, no offense. If they would ship you all of the 120x2 coolers on the market to do a scince based review, which you would do, and your disclaimer to thanks to them would shoot down the review. But I respect your results. Like to see NXZT step up and make it happen.

I would agree with your review but how would the net feel?

Martin is gone, Skinnee is out of the picture.

If you could review all the latest ones it would be a big help.

Still, is it worth it? The AIO market is full and not a lot diff, since Yang puts the label on every single one during his 18 hour shift depending on the build order and sends 50% of his money to his wife in a small farming community.

Bob, I'm not saying I don't trust your reviews. Your a solid up front guy.

Actually I don't thank 'em, generally speaking.

No company in their right mind would send me every cooler on the market, that'd cost them money! Plus, they don't want to see their single radiator thing compared against Tt.s dual 120mm extra-thick radiator Extreme thing.

The only meaningful way to run that review operation would be based on raw temp, with price thrown out the window as the "is it worth it" is a subjective opinion.
Only one company would win, and nobody in the corporate world is going to set up a test they might not win!
There's certainly bias on that end! I'm half tempted to post today's email thread between me and gigabyte regarding my last review :D
Marketing people frustrate me.
(This may be why I take more offense today than I generally would)

I'm really hoping they send one to Mudd, he has the best heatsink testing operation going IMO.

Back