• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aftermarket cooler for xfx 5850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ruszip1

Ok, first off, i looked, but with over 500 pages, i might have missed it. I have an older xfx 5850, this for reference. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150494 i also got one of the Arctic Accelero Xtreme PLUS II gpu coolers. it has a ton of extra heat sinks for the ram and what not. the instructions were, lets say "not so good" they showed an nvidia card. i know where the memory is to put them on, but what else should i put the heat sinks on? also, i used the stuff that came with it for installing the heat sinks, so i bought some of the arctic silver and arctic alumina thermal adhesives, both the silver and alumina are the 2 part variety (the kind that has to be mixed), which one would be better for doing this? i also attached a photo of the bare gpu card. I don't overclock too much as this is the card that mines bitcoins. and runs REAL hot running at 100% and runs for weeks on end with a small overclock using msi afterburner.

Attachments

• IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 75
Back