• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc boots but no video output (ati 5830)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukeool

Registered
i have a problem with my pc. it boots fine but i get no video output. when i do get output i just get a weird pix-elated :mad: black screen with lines of colour. i have just got 16gb of corsair ram. it has been working fine so i doubt it is the problem. im guessing that my gpu is dead but i need some help. i have taken out and reinserted the cmos battery and the gpu. i have continuously switched ram sticks and now i get a double beep from my mobo. windows loads fine because i can hear the startup sound. all the fans are running fine including the gpu fan. plz guys help im about to spend £140 on a new gpu and i need my pc for my coursework! :bang head

Have you updated the drivers on the GPU recently? Maybe it's a driver issue. Do you have another gpu you can try on the pc? Do you still have to old ram maybe you can try installing it back in, though it doesn't sound like a ram issue.

Do you see the BIOS logo/boot dump at all? If not this could be either from a failing GPU or maybe the PSU isn't supping enough power (AKA: it's dying)...

If you do see BIOS but not much else then it sounds more like a driver issue.

I'd also make sure all of your connections are tight, I've had slimier issues before releasing my GPU wasn't plugged into my PSU completely ...

Do you see the BIOS logo/boot dump at all? If not this could be either from a failing GPU or maybe the PSU isn't supping enough power (AKA: it's dying)...

If you do see BIOS but not much else then it sounds more like a driver issue.

I'd also make sure all of your connections are tight, I've had slimier issues before releasing my GPU wasn't plugged into my PSU completely ...

i do not see the bios screen and my gpu is fairly new its a ocz mod xstreem pro 500watt

Back