• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10 high speed fans and indigo xtreme = no temp change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awesomehandle31

(I-5 3570K @ 4.2ghz)

So, i finally finished my new system... EK included some indigo xtreme with the full nickel block so i figured what the hell, it HAS to be better then the coolermaster paste they sell at compusa. I also decided it would be time to upgrade my old slow corsair fans with high speed gentle typhoons and scythes newest highspeed case fans.

As to the indigo application. I think I did it correctly. I used a level to make sure my tower was perfect. I had a similar double dip temp chart, and I do not see any leakage on the blue plastic guard.

I expected 1-4 degree drop due to using actual SP fans on my rads and adding the ever so epic:attn: indigo xtreme ETI... But it turns out i have MAYBE a 1 degree change in over all cpu temps.

While idle core #1 is 10+ hotter then core#0 and core#3. Core#2 is 10 degrees cooler then core#0 and core#3 and 20 degrees cooler then core #1.

while prime95 stressing core 1 stays 10+ hotter then the rest, and core 2 ~7-10 cooler...

my GPU's do run 1-4 degrees cooler with the new fans, which is another reason i'm confused.

So, how do I verify a proper reflow of indigo xtreme AND does anyone think i would benefit from relidding my 3570k with aftermarket tim.

This topic breaches multiple forum categories but I felt CPU was the best place for this as i'm starting to think I have one of the poorly glued together original 3570ks

The volume of air going in the case needs to change too. You've probably reached the maximum air movement allowed.

Keep in mind though, if you just reapplied TIM it take about 100 hours for it to fully cure and then your temps will probably drop more..

i'm going to be delidding next week and going with the whole coolabs line of products for said project, from what iv'e been told on other threads my temp differences makes my cpu a good candidate for delidding, will also be dropping in a new motherboard I just need to find a triple slot with more then one PWM header 350$ max... Hopefully performance PC's sells it, found out they are only 45mins from my house and they allow in store pickups
:clap::attn::bump::D:p:drool::bday::bday::bday: :ty: :facepalm:

Also, ty for your response i never thought about the case having a max airflow, but it makes sense... guess i should re-evaluate what fans are blowing which way, switch all rads to blowing out all case fans in

indigo being a liquid metal when heated, you need to get the temp of the cpu high to get the indigo to flow. did you do that with it? depending on how your fans are setup - air or + air pressure or uneven ie fans fighting each other. you need to play with that plus which fans are pushing air in and which are pushing air out so airflow in certian sections of the case flow right direction(s).

I think it says somewhere in OP. I had what would look like a proper reflow. No leaks, peak temps of 99 before a good double dip pattern during the reflow. but I will know for sure if my method worked when i relid my cpu and install my new motherboard this weekend!

As to the fans, my bottom rad blows into the case, top rad blows out of the case, 2 side fans on low blow in, back fan on high blows out... But I think i'm going to revert to all rad fans blowing into the case.

I will post all my findings from this weekends tear down. Delidding luck and if my 1st reflow worked. I will be switching to all coollabs ultra for the delidding and gpu's, but still using indigo on CPU/WB.

Storm Trooper, see CompUSA(tigerdirect store) I went in expecting to buy an 800D, as I had noticed it in stock before, but it turns out tigerdirect decided in store sales were too low to justify the shipping/stocking so they stopped carrying it... the next largest full tower that can actually fit a 360 on top some where was the storm trooper... heavily modded of course. I could not bring my self to spend the insane amounts required to order a case online and get it in any decent time.

its all in my sig

well i looked at pics and cant figure out how you have a rad at the bottom then at the top. can you post some pics? i think the way you have the fans, might be part of the problem or is the problem. you would have them working in tandem not against eacher as it sounds like you currently do.

right now i thought was "tandom" one blowing into the other... bottom blowing up to top... but when i was on air cooling i always blew as much cold air in from the out side as possible (lots of cleaning but low temps) uhhh,,, i will try to get a better pic

here, pics bottom rad going into GPU's, up to CPU up to top rad... currently run my mcp35x2 at ~1,000rpm each, all sorts of pump speeds, very little effect on temp, low but not REALLY low seems to be the ticket. also, i really cant believe coollabs wants me to use a scotchbright pad on my lapped cpu water block... they must be mad!

Attachments

• IMG_20130424_230208.jpg
    IMG_20130424_230208.jpg
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20130424_230216.jpg
    IMG_20130424_230216.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
Back