• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 3770K --> 229$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leegit

So today is my birthday :bday:, but I have a dilemma. Should I pick up the 3770K for 229$ right now or wait till Haswell comes out? I hate to missed such a great deal, but will we see better in June/July??

The nice thing about the 3770K at MC, is that the cpu will probably hold it's value for a while.

I jumped the gun on this a few months back, and it was a great decision. 229$ for a cpu that's usually worth over 300$ at most retailers..... you can't go wrong. Newegg still wants 320$ new.

Yeah. I'm stuck in Germany with a laptop. My desktop rig in the states is 5 years old. I'm just more concerned about the pricing. I hate to buy it now and then it drops another 30-40$, but I'll be kicking myself if it goes back up...

Never has there been a harder decision :/

I'd wait for Haswell. Your desktop isn't going anywhere at the moment, right? Besides, you might have to rebuild the desktop anyways ;)

Too late. Pulled the trigger today and bought the MOBO/CPU at a great price, 429.19$ for both with tax :) I never wanted to upgrade to Haswell... not much of a performance increase IMO and I bet it will be quite pricey. Only time will tell if I made the right decision :/

Last edited:
haswell isn't going to be much better at all, only in iGPU

dam do I wish I lived near MC

Back