• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple installs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qlix

quick easy question (i hope)

I installed a 2nd Windows 7 on a spare drive located in my main PC for benching, but when i select that drive as the first boot drive it tells me that boot loader (or whatever its called) cannot be found. When i select my main drive as the boot drive it then gives me 2 Windows 7s to choose from.

So I'm guessing that the boot files needed for the spare are located on the main, i didn't really like this so i just formatted the spare drive to get rid of it but now I still get asked which windows i want to load every time i boot, presumably because the boot files are still on the main drive. How do i get rid of them? I don't need to be asked which windows i want to load every time i boot, especially since there's really only 1 available.

In msconfig (Start-Run-type MSCONFIG) you should have a 'boot' section with 2 OS's listed. Delete the one that is pointing to the former install.

Back