• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme connections?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bassnut.. thanks for taking the time to reply...

It is a dual row block connector with one pin open. Plugs right into similar socket USB header.

I am not sure I understand your comment about the sequence of installation.. surely, you are not loading up drivers without having the cooling system installed?

Yes exactly like Antec had said and how many printers use the same technique where you install drivers before plugging in USB cables you would install the drivers before removing the stock cooler...... read the install guide I linked to. Yes I know it is two different manufacturers however they are both the same unit without taking into consideration the shape of the rad.

Asus ..... why would you try and go around the built in controller for the fans. Not only does it control the fans but the pump not to mention coolant temp as well as custom fan profiles which helps the system run quiet when not needed.

hi i am having the same problem with the fan control. i contacted thermaltake they dont seem to have a clue

Yes, I hear you.. I have been corresponding with Thermaltake now for 2 months and getting nowhere! They finally agreed to send me a new unit, but I think the problem is not with the unit, but their control software - it just does not even see the fan unit. So, I doubt a new one will be any different. Anyway, I am in the middle of a move and most of my stuff is packed, so it will be another few weeks until I return the unit to them.

What motherboard are you using?

I am having the exact same issue with the Water 3.0 Extreme on an Asus Sabertooth z87 Has this been resolved?

Stumped :(

Thanks Greg, I'll look into it. Thing is, the Water 3.0 is not at all detected. I know another friend has the same system, z87 and Water 3.0 and it works flawlessly.

Mine was not detected either. The driver that has to load was not being seen for what it was. Look in device manager and see where the driver is located. The NZXT driver goes right to the USB Controller hub. NZXT uses the Asetek driver which will go to the USB Controller.

Ok, on the TT Water 3.0 extreme.....there are 3 wires coming from the pump, one plugs into a mobo fan header, the other has 2 plugs for the fans to plug into, the 3rd plugs into a USB header on your mobo.

You should have one 3 wire plug for the CPU fan header. This is for the pump and the fans. The plug that has an 8 hole plug goes to the USB header. Once it is plugged in you load the software so it recognizes the pump and fans. There should only be 2 things to plug in.

Thanks guys, I'll try the NZTX.

I do have everything hooked up correctly and I'm fairly sure the pump is working as well as I seem to be able to feel a warmer hose coming off the block.

Greg, does the bios see the fan? Mine does not and the only way to get past the CPU Fan Error! is to ignore the fan. Don't like that but if that's the only way?

On my MB the BIOS does recognize the fan. But you get the pump speed on the fan header not the fan speed. If the software is loaded correctly you may not get that error. I would check after the software is loaded. The driver for the water 3.0 was not on the USB controller where it should be on my system. If the driver is on the USB header it may make a difference.

Pump speed on the fan header? Makes me think I may need to set the min values of the CPU fan to 0 instead of what I think is the lowest, 200.

The pump speed in most cases as is with the Corsair Hxxx coolers etc is just converted to RPM. If it says 0 than your pump isn't running etc. It should show up like a fan. It's usually the tack wire that is only connected to the CPU fan header and the rest gets its power via SATA or Molex power cable.

Ugh, I just bought this today, and am having the same issue. im using it on a fx 9590 on a msi 990fxa-gd80. hardware monitor installs, as does the other program, i tried using the cd, and the version on the website. (countless 404 errors, just go to diff country to dl, ) as website is version 1.6. hardware monitor runs and reports 11.4c idle with 44.1 max so far. which is a huge improvement alone over the fan i had on it previously. This was my first water cooling install and seemed to go pretty well. every time i try to run the fan control software it states "Could not connect to device! Please make sure that the device is connected and try again." both fans are spinning and i can feel one tube feels warmer as well. The store I picked it up from has a bad history of problems with products, usually when i build a machine at least one thing doesn't work and needs to be returned/replaced(frys)but I don't really want to drive all the way there to return it just to find out I still have the same issue. I have tried a different usb spot on the board, but same message. I have tried installing the program first, then connecting the USB. I have tried connecting the usb first, then installing the drivers/program,(with full uninstalls/restarts between) but no matter what I do I can't get the program to open. :( Would be really grateful for any assistance at all as I am completely stumped. I am also worried if I cant get it fixed and just return in for a different brand, if I will run into the same issue? Is the method they use a common method in this pricerange to control/view the cooling parts?

Back