• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme connections?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just tried it, installed great, however it gives me the same error as well. I can post pictures of the board/install or install log or anything else if it would help. I am also doubting the pump actually running, as after running a bit in windows, its idling at 25c-33c and slowly climbing :((

edit- it was slowly climbing because i forgot to close out of the error window saying device not found. Closed it and idle dropped back down to sitting at 11.3 hmm.. maybe try remounting it? i left the placed thermal paste on there, perhaps something else would work better?

editx3, i think the reported temp by openhardwaremonitor is possibly pulling incorrect values, as I just had it reboot on me. no bluescreen. looked in bios and temp was at 60c. may be going back to frys here shortly :<

Last edited:
Check Device manager to see if you have a Asetek USB Device in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. It should probably be the first entry in that group. If it is there then you may just have to reboot. If it is not there then I would uninstall the and try again.

I do have two usb controllers that report no drivers installed. I do have windows ask me to approve the "Asetek A/S Universal Serial Bus Controller" Publisher Asetek A/S drivers during the install which I do, otherwise the install just sits there. Not sure if it helps, but heres the install log http://pastebin.com/8gJ80fVf but no I do not have a asetek usb device in usbcontrollers

Last edited:
Uninstall one of the USB controllers and see if you can find the Asetek Driver. It should be in the ProgramFiles (x86)/NZXT/NZXT Kraken Control/Driver. Update the other USB driver with the AseUSB.inf file in that directory.

The pump speed for that unit is 3000RPM constant.

i just got the thermaltake 3.0 extreme
got it all to function even the original software
fans can be controlled
but the pump its fixed always in 3000, its that normal?
something wrong here?
should it change depending on the temperature?

i just got the thermaltake 3.0 extreme
got it all to function even the original software
fans can be controlled
but the pump its fixed always in 3000, its that normal?
something wrong here?
should it change depending on the temperature?

PumpMotor speed : 2900+-150 RPM
Rated Voltage : 12V
Rated Current : 175mA

After looking around it looks to me that it is fixed around 2900 RPM with a +/- of 150 RPM.

Back