• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're also un-cheap, unfortunately :(

When I bought the reverse mount adapter, it was with the notion that if I liked this macro stuff I would order a bellows. I'm just... going to get right on that ASAP.

ISO 3200 for high shutter speeds, backwards 50mm again, f11. I got more than one of these little guys, but this is by far the best shot. No, I did not get stung... these guys have one track minds when it comes to pollen. The lens was about 6" away, and they didn't care.

DSC_2624.jpg

I'm no photographer and this was taken with my phone (Galaxy S6) This was my view from fishing yesterday evening

Attachments

• 1433363533063.jpg
    1433363533063.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 113
OW, that's a really nice macro and the f11 made it possible to get the entire bee in focus - awesome!

Jay, it still amazes me how far phone cameras have come. Nice pre-sunset.

Loving that first picture Bobby!
Gorgeous place for a walk for sure.

Yarp... its quite nice out there. :)
not really been that way since 2008 when my dog offed the mortal coil... interesting to see whats changed.
its sad to see how the nitrates have caused algae to bloom and wipe out some of the life (well done humans)
upsetting to see some of the really mature trees have gone... probably for safety reasons.
on the plus side they have extended the canal by several miles digging it back out and a couple of café`s have sprouted up with some tourist insight to absorb...
have to train up so I can explore the extended part... need an early start, food and drink though... be an all day expedition :D

DSC_1309.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

DSC_1369.jpg

DSC_1375.jpg

Last of the shots... after a poke at the exposure levels etc etc blah blah...

DSC_1311.jpg

DSC_1317.jpg

DSC_1324.jpg

DSC_1329.jpg
Oxeye Daisies

DSC_1333.jpg

DSC_1346.jpg
my phone lens is losing its tint and collecting scratches... makes for instant effects :D

DSC_1371.jpg

DSC_1372.jpg
Reeds in flower... not often I catch them in that phase

DSC_1378.jpg
late on... male mallard resting up... I just walked up to him and he was like "yeah? what do you want? :-/ "

Went out for lightning yesterday. Didn't get it. I did catch this guy trying to sneak past me with a disguise, though.

DSC_2662.jpg

I don't mean to be a dingbat about it... but what is it?
we don't get them in the uk. :)
stoats, weasels, squirrels, ferrets
and pine martens (lurking on my small holding in Bulgaria)
them`s beasties I have a clue.

so what is it and do they taste good? :D
one of them prairie dog things maybe :shrug:

It's a Richardson's Ground Squirrel. Apparently in demand as pets in places that aren't infested with them.

cheers :)

that makes more sense... I looked at prairie dogs `n stuff and thought for what I could see of the little chap he looked a bit too slender to be one.

pets or pests... I cut back a fruit tree on my patch in Bulgaria because it had leaf curl... didn't realise the pine marten lived in the thick of it. so the little guy moved into my loft space :D funny critters :rofl:

messing with HDR on my phone :)

DSC_1386.jpg

:bday: Happy Birthday Mr Slicey your 30 years old and still razor sharp :cool:

Genuine Swiss army knife I picked up in Austria when I was 11 years old :D

edit:

DSC_1383.jpg

Extreme close up...

Last edited:
Fresh out of Rawtherapee from Friday's adventures. This was a severe thunderstorm, but rained itself out before it got to my position. Still made for a sweet shot, I thought. Mosquitoes were completely out of control... I suffered for this one.

RT remains a really twitchy program to use, but when you can't afford Lightroom it's not a bad alternative.

DSC_2685-1.jpg

Tried some more HDR shots... it was windy so the double exposures failed for the most part... but a few turned out fairly ok :)

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1401.jpg

DSC_1395.jpg

DSC_1415.jpg

DSC_1417.jpg

I`d love another decent camera... dear santa... :santa:

I did a thing and I need to do a thing more often. I tend to criticize photos before the shot is taken ("this isn't interesting enough"), or before I see them on the computer. Also, I don't take pictures anywhere near as much as I want or should.

IMG_1887-Edit.jpg

Inchworm - used both the 50mm AI-S and the 28mm AI backwards. The closer one is the 28mm, and it's just about a full frame shot.

Note to self - using the 28mm like this on moving targets is super hard and pushes the camera's low light abilities past the point of being very usable.

DSC_2873.jpg

DSC_2918.jpg

Back