• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had two friends with Granadas over the years and both of them affectionatly called them "The GrenadeA" lol. The first was an Army buddies while I was stationed in El Paso. It was a 1977 four door if memory serves be correctly. While it drove incredibly smooth, anytime he hit the gas pedal to pass somebody the poor engine would rev-up, but do nothing. I don't recall what engine he had but a quick google search tells me it was likely one of the aptly named Thriftpower I-6's. The second is a current co-worker of mine at Ford. It's a 1978 2-door with a 302 engine. It used to be his daily driver until he spun out in the ice. Now he only drives it in the summer and is in the process of fully restoring it. Somehow he managed to keep it rust free here in Michigan.

Edit: Ironically both were brown, like yours. Did they even make another color? (OK now I'm picking) :)
Actually that is oxidation. PXL_20231112_180252617.jpg

We just got back from the convention yesterday and I have 8,133 photos to process. I'm working through it slowly, but we got covid and are still recovering. The convention was an absolute blast and we met a ton of cool people.

This is a photo of Brink the deer at Midwest Furfest 2023. We were taking photos in the area, their group walked up to take their own, and I offered to snap a few for them.

DSC_1165.jpg

@Automata

Is the pic from a Furry Con? It must get hot and stuffy inside the fursona.
Yeah, this was from Midwest Furfest 2023, which was at the beginning of December.

The suits get very hot and visibility is low. Conventions generally have 'headless lounges' with water and high speed fans. Most suit 'muzzles' are open and easily fit a handheld fan in them, and some head pieces even have fans built into them. Those who suit for a long time or do high activity things like dances may use cooling vests.

@Automata
Is there any overlap between Furries and Cosplay in terms of animal personas? Would a Bugs Bunny or Wile E. Coyote fursona be offensive? I always liked Bugs.

@Automata
Is there any overlap between Furries and Cosplay in terms of animal personas? Would a Bugs Bunny or Wile E. Coyote fursona be offensive? I always liked Bugs.
Pretty big overlap; no one would be offended. There are many suits of characters from movies and games, like Death from Puss in Boots, characters from Five Nights At Freddy's, Pokemon, etc. If you don't mean suits specifically, yes, that is common.

For example (and to post a photo!), there is a group of anonymous suiters only known as "pack-of-nines" (a play of words on the Pokemon "Arcanine") who frequently attend conventions:
DSC_6087.jpg

Most characters are customized to some degree, which allows someone to make it 'theirs', if that makes sense.

Last edited:
This is a photo of my partner with his new soccer ball, taken a few months ago when I was staying at his place. It was the first photoshoot with him using my new (to me) Nikon 85mm f/1.8, which is a fantastic lens.

DSC_3136.jpg

This is a photo of my patner at the light fountain in front of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center during Midwest Furfest 2023.

DSC_3741-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg

Back