• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great job capturing the lighting. Often the exposure gets too high in the shadows and black areas and doesn't represent the way it looks to our eyes.

While doing my weekly Nature Vaping and checking my trail cameras I noticed the forest has exploded with mushrooms and other unique veg. In hoping to identify most of them in time, do I'll be posting some of my photos over the next few days. Note: I won't be eating any of these until I'm 100% positive what it is.

20230730_130328.jpg

I've never seen this in the woods, and I've been exploring Michigan's forests for over 45 years. It's an easy one to identify and is the Ghost Flower.

"Unlike most plants, it is white and does not contain chlorophyll.[9] Instead of generating food using the energy from sunlight, it is parasitic, and more specifically a mycoheterotroph. Its hosts are in the Russulaceae family.[9] Most fungi are mycorrhizal. Meaning, through the fungal web of mycorrhizae the M.Uniflora roots ultimately sap food from where the host fungi is connected to thephotosynthetic trees. Because M.uniflora is saprophytic, the clustered node roots of this plant are covered in hairs called cystidium. The cystidia found on these roots allow easy attachment to fungi hyphae, such as can be seen in ectomycorrhiza. [10] Since it is not dependent on sunlight to grow, it can grow in very dark environments like in the understory of dense forest. " - Wikipedia

When staying at my partner's place earlier this year, we went to downtown St Louis to take pictures. This is one of many. Luckily, there weren't many people when we went and I was able to get some clean pictures.

View attachment 362542
I was there last year, i didnt know until i got there that you could go up in that arch. I didnt.... for reasons but i'll have to see if i can find some of the pics i got while i was there, sadly just phone. i didnt bring my SLR since we were moving some one hastily across the country. was an interesting trip...

edit: thought i was some place else

Last edited:
Our group had a meetup at EightyOne Arcade the other day. Took a bunch of photos and got to play with the new 85mm f/1.8. This is Cryo playing Initial D with Doddsie.

DSC_2384-Enhanced-NR.jpg

My partner and I took a trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota. We stopped at Badlands National Park and took photos. This panorama is a composite of 8 images, and the final image size is 86 megapixels (22k x 3.8k). This photo was taken by hand without a tripod about 200ft away from one of the main roads, on a dirt hill.

DSC_0268-Pano.jpg

I took a photo of this while camping out for a week in the forest, but it was only when I got home I realized there was also a spider there photo bombing my photo. :)

photobombed.JPG
Post magically merged:

I have a lot of photos.. Been camping throughout the year for the last 5 years, even in winter. Though, I might not bother camping out in -20 deg C again. Just too difficult moving around in the snow for me.

sp4.JPG

This is a neutral post. Take a moment and relax.

This photo was taken at the Stratobowl Rim Trailhead, a trail in the Black Hills which surrounds a valley where they launch hot air balloons. The trail is about 2 miles long and ends with an amazing view of the forest, where you can see for miles.

DSC_0613.jpg

"The Fast and the Furryious"

This photo features the foxes (foxen? foxii?) Doddsie (left) and Cryo (right) playing Initial D against each other at the EightyOne Arcade in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have no idea how they can see the game well enough to race each other, but they both did pretty well.

DSC_2474-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Back