• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best coin to mine !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll be putting up all of my cards here soon (minus 2 290xs that I can use for gaming), just not worth it anymore.

incoming 4x280x, 290x, 290

I could see myself picking up a 290 or 290X yet, though that would be more for gaming than mining on now. So, no reference coolers.

Right now though nobody's buying power supplies so there's simply no money for extras like video cards, satellite TV, clothes, or... well just about everything. Of course, it doesn't help that the last two months of power supply reviews have been all, "Well, this one's dead. And this one has odd ripple issues. And this one's dead too. And the company no longer wants to move forward on this one, so no review there anymore. And the replacement for that other dead one's acting weird now."

Fortunately, I still get free power so crypto might end up being the thing that literally keeps the shirt on my back this month.

I already put my cards on sale... so far no bites :(

Oh there is interest, just more than I'd be willing to pay for a reference card that's been mined on (underclocked, and undervolted granted) running @ 100% for months at a time. Especially when I can get a brand new non reference cooler with all of the glory of a manufacturers warranty for 279-329 shipped. Even 255 for an open box that still carries all of the manufacturers warranty. Not flaming or insulting, or saying your price isn't fair, but that's my thought process man. Do wish you luck selling though.

Oh there is interest, just more than I'd be willing to pay for a reference card that's been mined on (underclocked, and undervolted granted) running @ 100% for months at a time. Especially when I can get a brand new non reference cooler with all of the glory of a manufacturers warranty for 279-329 shipped. Even 255 for an open box that still carries all of the manufacturers warranty. Not flaming or insulting, or saying your price isn't fair, but that's my thought process man. Do wish you luck selling though.

What would you call a fair price then?

For me personally (this is all subjective mind you) 200 tops for a card in excellent shape.

Being mined on (IMHO) lowers the value. I wouldn't pay as much for an AMD reference cooler as I would for something from Gigabyte/MSI/Sapphire with their custom cooler on it.

Fair only favors one party in a used part sale (of anything, not just PC parts, again an opinion) Say you sold the 290 in your add for 175. Whoever bought it would think they got a fair deal. You, on the other hand, wouldn't think it was so great. If you got your 230 youd feel as though it was fair, but whoever bought it would resent it, but would still pay because it is after all cheaper than a new card from the Egg/TD/NCIX etc.

In a perfect world things would depreciate in value at X rate, and make selling things a breeze. A year ago you probably could have sold the same card for $700 :shrug:

Guess what I'm getting at is.... Deciding whats fair is like figuring out women. Isnt likely to happen any time soon.

For me personally (this is all subjective mind you) 200 tops for a card in excellent shape.

Being mined on (IMHO) lowers the value. I wouldn't pay as much for an AMD reference cooler as I would for something from Gigabyte/MSI/Sapphire with their custom cooler on it.

Fair only favors one party in a used part sale (of anything, not just PC parts, again an opinion) Say you sold the 290 in your add for 175. Whoever bought it would think they got a fair deal. You, on the other hand, wouldn't think it was so great. If you got your 230 youd feel as though it was fair, but whoever bought it would resent it, but would still pay because it is after all cheaper than a new card from the Egg/TD/NCIX etc.

In a perfect world things would depreciate in value at X rate, and make selling things a breeze. A year ago you probably could have sold the same card for $700 :shrug:

Guess what I'm getting at is.... Deciding whats fair is like figuring out women. Isnt likely to happen any time soon.

I lol'd at the last part :rofl:

I fear btc is in a strong downtrend...nothing to do but sell and wait for better times.
As for mining, Vertcoin will release their new algorithm by the 16th.
That should prove profitable for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

I fear btc is in a strong downtrend...nothing to do but sell and wait for better times.
As for mining, Vertcoin will release their new algorithm by the 16th.
That should prove profitable for a while.

No, it's a scrypt-jane derivative...so it'll run hot and eat up memory.

BTW: what's up with the forum theme? The box where I'm typing is white and the font is gray, can't see anything!
Also, the mobile skin gets on my nerves, I simply can't use it :(
I miss the old ocf mobile thingie...was lightning fast.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: what's up with the forum theme? The box where I'm typing is white and the font is gray, can't see anything!

- - - Updated - - -

Weird Ivan because the text is white for me.
Are you mobile or on the regular site?

As for Bitcoin...
I've given up mining permanently it seems.

It's going to take something truly spectacular to get me mining again.

Ivan I was wondering why every one of your posts has a line that says "updated" and then repeats the exact same thing as what's above it.

?????

Weird Ivan because the text is white for me.
Are you mobile or on the regular site?

As for Bitcoin...
I've given up mining permanently it seems.

It's going to take something truly spectacular to get me mining again.

considering where your mining power went, I can only applaud you :cheers:

No clue, I'm on Debian...already a bit tired, since I haven't figured out its every quirk.
Might switch to a more user friendly Os soon. :/

I can do charts and trade, can't game with no gpu, so I got noting else to do really...

- - - Updated - - -

No clue, I'm on Debian...already a bit tired, since I haven't figured out its every quirk.
Might switch to a more user friendly Os soon. :/

I can do charts and trade, can't game with no gpu, so I got noting else to do really...

No clue why it happens...sorry guys :/
Going through a rough patch, and to make matters worse, linux isn't being that friendly to me xD

- - - Updated - - -

No clue why it happens...sorry guys :/
Going through a rough patch, and to make matters worse, linux isn't being that friendly to me xD

its doing that because the forum auto merges double posts now, or so it would seem.

We started selling the donated coins at Bittrex!
We will publish the first 1 btc donation we send to Save the children when we reach that amount.
Goal is to sell 1000 child per 1000 sats price increase.

- - - Updated - - -

We will publish the first 1 btc donation we send to Save the children when we reach that amount.

Cool - good luck!

I'm on VTC right now as of the fork to Lyra2RE. Other than one 270 going sick/dead, had no issues except for the sheer volume of orphans at Simplemulti for a while. The whole farm does about 7mhs.

Can't say this is any better than FTC yet, but the algorithm is much more friendly to my 6870, which is all but useless for Neoscrypt. If not for those orphans, I'd be doing much better thanks to those early blocks, but that's the way it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully CHILD's price will bump up more and BTC will rise some too.

That would be best case scenario :)

Back