• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best coin to mine !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BTC rising, not likely...CHILD going up, we are working on it.

Mining wise, I want to try Burst but don't have enough hdd space :(

- - - Updated - - -

BTC rising, not likely...CHILD going up, we are working on it.

Mining wise, I want to try Burst but don't have enough hdd space :(

After a day and a half, I'm calling it quits on VTC for now. Not as profitable as FTC. Almost was yesterday, but not today.

Yeah, as soon as the algo switched everyone and his dog seemed to jump on it within a few hours. Then people started figuring out how to get the most out of the miner, and there went all the profitability.

There are a few of us left. My power's free and it's helping keep me off welfare, otherwise I'd have shut the rigs down and gotten out long ago.

There are a few of us left. My power's free and it's helping keep me off welfare, otherwise I'd have shut the rigs down and gotten out long ago.

Im thinking of getting into it since im unemployed right now.

Although we do pay for elec, think I should go for it with this 290? Or maybe build something cheaper? Like rest of components budget but just a few good card, ya know a non OC rig. Something like with an ECS or Biostar mobo and a quad FX for CPU and value RAM?

GPU mining is essentially dead. You maybe able to make profit one day only to lose the next. It costs more in electricity than what you make. So it's not really worth it anymore. :(

GPU mining is essentially dead.

Pretty much. Even with free power, I'm only doing about $20 a week. That's split between two 280X cards, two 7950s, two 270s, two 270Xs, one 6870, and one 7770 across four rigs. I've got them all downvolted and running as efficiently as possible, but they're still sucking the watts out of the wall. Even with 80 Plus Platinum, Gold, and Titanium PSUs from my PSU reviewing gig in the house it still adds up.

I figure the two dedicated mining rigs, with 7 cards split between them, are currently pulling about 1100-1200W between them. One's running 80 Plus Gold, the other Titanium.

If you're paying for power, trading is pretty much the best way to make money anymore in crypto.

Im thinking of getting into it since im unemployed right now.

Although we do pay for elec, think I should go for it with this 290? Or maybe build something cheaper? Like rest of components budget but just a few good card, ya know a non OC rig. Something like with an ECS or Biostar mobo and a quad FX for CPU and value RAM?

No.

The gravy train has left. :(
Trust me, I milked every last drop out of it....

Best save your $$$ instead of mining.

Learn how to trade...mining's dead.
No free lunch anymore.
BTW, see the CHILD thread and twitter @ivan_labrie for x-children news guys...We decided to make a logo contest and a giveaway.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn how to trade...mining's dead.
No free lunch anymore.
BTW, see the CHILD thread and twitter @ivan_labrie for x-children news guys...We decided to make a logo contest and a giveaway.

Back