• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Educational Kids games/apps for Android?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

I picked up a $20 tablet from Microcenter that I plan on giving to my 3 year old niece and I just want to cram it full of educational games for her age range. However, in my search for decent free/low cost educational apps for young kids on the web and Google Play Store, it always leads to apps that are ranked higher by whatever means, even if the app itself isn't that great to begin with imo (crappy interface, ad laden, hard to use, too simplistic, etc). She's pretty adept with a tablet having used her sisters and mothers iPoo iPad, and some of the free offerings on that system are quite frankly, amazing, with some comparable to high priced apps that you'd find on a PC. The few I have kept on the Android, are ok, but so far they number very few, and having to search through dozens upon dozens of apps, and installing/playing/uninstalling is getting old fast. :bang head

So, does anyone have any great recommendations for kids on the Android system? Even apps for 5-7 years olds would be great for her, as she's already playing such apps.

Just search "good kids games for android"

It seemed to give me good lists of games.

Few things will be free, as they are "educational" and teaching tools.

You may not want to load it too much due to it being a $20 tablet.

Back