• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6X58D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R1Rider

Registered
I need a replacement for a P6X58D Premium that I have. Are there any other ASUS boards newer or slightly older that would be a comparable replacement? I want to do a direct replacement and use the chip/ram I already have while I research a new build.

If you know of any sources that have tested used boards at a fair price, please post links. I got screwed on an ebay purchase already. My fault for waiting so long to install it. There are others on ebay but they are all in China and I dont know that I want to deal with that.

thanks

There are other websites with less strict rules to get into the classifieds. Techpowerup is a join and buy location.

New egg sells returns, but not sure that old.

You are really toeing the line though...again...

Last edited:
I often see X58 boards pop up for next to to nothing as far as price used, but, they are getting on a bit, and becoming hard to find.

ebay, craiglist, and forums callifieds, are as mentioned, you best bet.

Is there a newer version of this board that will accept my CPU/RAM/Video card? There are only a few on ebay, perhaps a newer version will be easier to obtain? When I was looking for a replacement ASUS A7VN8X which is an ancient board now, they were still selling for around $100 on ebay. I think they still do... that was about a year ago.

I don't think you would have too many issues moving to any of the x58 boards that you can find that have the features you want. You may have to play with drivers a bit but if you stay with Asus you shouldn't hit too many problems.

Just about any X58 based board will as Janus said.

Chipset is the same.. what you may need to reinstall are USB drivers, NIC drivers, and possibly extra SATA drivers.

can you name off a few boards to research? I would prefer the higher end boards that have the most features. My A7V was the best board at the time (I believe) it had the NVIDIA chipset and sound software which was really nice. I tried out a more basic A7 board and it sucked. It worked but had little features. The sound software didnt allow me to fine tune anything.

thanks

I didn't spend a ton of time in the x58 Era (had one system that had a gigabyte ud3r that I did really like though). You can look at the UD5 or higher end or the rampage extreme 2 or 3 but you may end up paying more than you want for those.

can you name off a few boards to research? I would prefer the higher end boards that have the most features. My A7V was the best board at the time (I believe) it had the NVIDIA chipset and sound software which was really nice. I tried out a more basic A7 board and it sucked. It worked but had little features. The sound software didnt allow me to fine tune anything.

thanks

Gigabyte UD5/UD7, X58- OC
ASUS Rampage III Gene, Extreme (Formula is a little meh), Sabretooth P6X58D-E (same VRM as your current board, 1 or 2 features less)

To answer an earlier question you posted, there are no "newer" X58 boards than your current board. You have a "last gen" X-58 board. (A first gen would be a P6-T)

Back