• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New gaming build query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calamt

Hi all,

Planning to do a new build just wondering if 750w psu will be okay for the load.

CPU: I5 4670K 4 core 3.4ghz (overclock to 4.2GHz)
Mobo: Asus Z97-k
GFX Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 384-Bit, 2560x1600, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready)
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Windowed
Fans: 6 total (including RAD fan)
Fan control: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller - Black
CPU Cooling Hydro H100i 240mm
PSU Corsair CX750 (Currently own from old build wondering if i need to buy psu with more watt)
RAM 16GB 2133mhz

Also what performance do you think i'm looking at in games?

Last edited:
Just wondering will the Evga 780 6gb version be worth it and will it also be fine my power supply (not sure if it requires more watt)

I was looking intently at the 6gb, and it seems to have vanished. It was listed at $589 on Newegg, then was out of stock and isn't there anymore. It's backordered on Amazon, and I called EVGA regarding it and they had no ETA on restock.

I chose the MSI 780ti from Newegg. It's $599 after rebate. $629 before the rebate card. I think the rebate expires soon, if that's in your price range, the ti has been overwhelmingly recommended to me over the 6gb version.

Back