• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alegelos

my water cooling was working for 6 month +/- 3-16hs per day. All worked great.

Just now, from no where, the pump is death. No sound, no vibrationn no water circulation and it has power.

If i shake it a bit, it vibrate a bit, like trying to start but then stop and death again.

Any help pls???

Sounds like you found the problem.

Two things you can do:
- Disassemble the pump and see if you can find anything obviously wrong.
- Buy a new pump.

my water cooling was working for 6 month +/- 3-16hs per day. All worked great.

Just now, from no where, the pump is death. No sound, no vibrationn no water circulation and it has power.

If i shake it a bit, it vibrate a bit, like trying to start but then stop and death again.

Any help pls???

What kind of pump is this? DDC, D5 or in house manufacturer like a 750 XSPC or a EK 2.2? It surely does sound like your pump is finished but way too soon for that to happen.

Also, as ATM said just open up if you can to see if there was anything lodged in it IF you know it won't void the warranty, otherwise don't take it apart and send it in for RMA. Should be under warranty if its a good pump from a reputable company.

Crap, just removed the Void warranty sticker hehe. Any way its 1-2 years since i bought it.

It try to start doing little vibrations but then stop and stay death (when i shake it).

Just open and all seems normal.

Any place where i can buy a new one?

Any place where i can buy a new one?
No clue where you, in Uruaguy can buy a pump...where did you buy that one from? Where do you buy watercooling parts from? I would look there first.

Being in the USA, I have no clue where you can buy your pump.. Maybe others will... Sorry!

When it try to start, if i spin it with my hand, it actually start spinning!!

Buy only if i spin it at beginning.

Any clue?

Any clue?

If you clean it up and still doesn't work without a push your pump is NO GOOD. Try looking at FrozenCPU

How do you have your mcp35x mounted? Do you have airflow under it?
Also have you tried connecting the pump with another normal 12volts connector.

An mcp35x dying in 2 years would not be the norm, but more commonly seen if the pump is mounted directly to any soft mount where heat doesnt escape especially in low restriction loops, and then they tend to run very hot and have a shorter life span.

Any clue?

Again, I have no clue which pump you're talking about. Secondly, if you're running the pump dry, well you're making certain of its death. Where was the pump positioned? Can we see some pics of your loop and your pump location?

I don't know but can only advise Frozencpu as they ship around the globe or performancepcs.

I second the request for pics of your system, and only for your benefit.

Run the pump dry = dead pump
Pump higher than res = dead pump eventually
Aftermarket top with inadequate cooling = dead pump
24/7 use = premature dead pump
Lack of regular cleaning = dead pump

I suggest that you completely disassemble and thoroughly clean your entire loop. This will prevent any contaminants from killing the new pump prematurely.

As for being able to push start the pump, that usually means that at least 1 of the 8 (I do believe, it's been a while) electromagnetic control circuits in the pump is fried. If it is under warranty, I would return it and use the replacement as a backup. I do suggest that you post pics, so that if anything is glaringly wrong we can point you in the right direction.

Ok today in few hours i will bring some pics. I was thinking abot going back to air or buy a new radiator & pump.

Also i dont have a res

May i have any advice on wat to fix/change? I was thinking in going back to air or buy new pump and use half of the big radiator, or pump (Koolance PMP-500 G1/4 BSP High-flow) + 360 radiator (Alphacool UT 60).

I am using this as a radiator, its huge and it also work great passive. Maybe its too big for the pump? It have doble the fins u can see (another from the inside).
la foto 1.JPG

Here is all the radiator.
la foto 2.JPG

Some fans i put at low speed (needed only at high OC)
la foto 3.JPG

I have long tubing... radiator and PC are 1 meter distance.
la foto 4.JPG

Pump was over this rubber, i did not notice it to be hot. I use no res, i removed all air from the loop.
la foto 5.JPG

Last edited:
Back