• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for new WC System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We have DDC pumps and D5 pumps.

D5 pumps = 655

DDC pumps = MCP3xx (MCP350, MCP355, MCP35x)

I'd also recommend going with distilled water and a silver kill coil. If you want some coloring get some PrimoChill advanced LRT with the choice of color.

Yes, the 655 is a D5 variant. There is a vario version which you can manually set the pump speed, and there is a pwm version.

Thanks guys. I was looking at the Swiftech kits and they all had rads with attached res. So I'm looking at all the pieces separately. What what you suggest for a good res?

Thanks guys. I was looking at the Swiftech kits and they all had rads with attached res. So I'm looking at all the pieces separately. What what you suggest for a good res?

It depends what type of reservoir you want, tube or bay, where would you like it to be located and what pumps to use etc.

Bay res is harder to bleed, and fill, once you have it installed. Just something to consider.

Hmmm, was thinking of bay but since it's harder to fill and bleed maybe I should go tube. I should have a fair amount of room in my Stryker case.

Well I haven't really decided on a kit or setup yet, so I might use the Nepton 280L I have sitting here. Does anyone know if the 280L that is out now is the updated version? Cooler Master says it's revising this one with a quieter pump and fans, etc.

Those are AIO kits that can be expandable but nothing as powerful as custom water cooling. I would either sell that or keep it as a secondary backup cooler.

I would recommend taking a look at the XSPC Raystorm Kits. Obviously I'd advise the AX rads and D5 kits.

Those are AIO kits that can be expandable but nothing as powerful as custom water cooling. I would either sell that or keep it as a secondary backup cooler.

I would recommend taking a look at the XSPC Raystorm Kits. Obviously I'd advise the AX rads and D5 kits.

Hi Jack, I was only going to use it temporarily until I got all of my WC parts ordered. XSPC has been my first choice so far, the D5(s) and the AX240 rad. I'll wait until I figure everything out and get the parts ordered. I still have my i7-975 and 680 running. ;)

Hi Jack, I was only going to use it temporarily until I got all of my WC parts ordered. XSPC has been my first choice so far, the D5(s) and the AX240 rad. I'll wait until I figure everything out and get the parts ordered. I still have my i7-975 and 680 running. ;)

:salute: Sounds good and those old i7's still truck along really well.

Btw Jack do you know which would be a better fit in the top of my Stryker case, an AX240 or a RX240?
Thanks

Btw Jack do you know which would be a better fit in the top of my Stryker case, an AX240 or a RX240?
Thanks

No idea. A simple search of the rad choice and case should come up with something. If not, do measurements. The thickness of the rad and measure how much room you have up top. Don't forget to include the 25mm fan as well.

Using a multiport Rad in the roof will make your life easier as far as filling & bleeding is concerned.
The AX is a good rad, but only two ports. The RX is multiport AND the V3 is the "best performing" However, the RX is 56mm thick , so with "normal" fans you need 82mm clearance between roof & MB/Ram.

No idea. A simple search of the rad choice and case should come up with something. If not, do measurements. The thickness of the rad and measure how much room you have up top. Don't forget to include the 25mm fan as well.

I thought maybe you knew off the top of your hat. ;)

Using a multiport Rad in the roof will make your life easier as far as filling & bleeding is concerned.
The AX is a good rad, but only two ports. The RX is multiport AND the V3 is the "best performing" However, the RX is 56mm thick , so with "normal" fans you need 82mm clearance between roof & MB/Ram.

Thanks Rnrollie, I think it would be alittle tight (might not even fit) using the RX, even though that would be a great rad to stick up there.

What would you guys suggest for some good 120mm fans? Going to need some for the RX240 and maybe the AX also.

What would you guys suggest for some good 120mm fans? Going to need some for the RX240 and maybe the AX also.

I think those rads are both in the low to mid RPM fan range of rads. If you're looking for premium fans I'd go with the eLoop B12s or budgeted Helix120s.

I think someone said before that a RX240 wouldn't fit in the top. Maybe a person can stick a valve up there for bleeding?

These are the ones I personally like.

I like the B12-P's, going to get them.

Back