• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for new WC System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure whether to go with the PWM version for the D5's. What would you guys suggest for a good controller?

PWM will eventually become the new standard, me thinks, down the road. You could go with PWM pumps as many of us do but you'll just grab a cable like this and plug it into the CPU PWM header OR use a PWM cable splitter for the pumps and another set for the PWM fans.

PWM will eventually become the new standard, me thinks, down the road. You could go with PWM pumps as many of us do but you'll just grab a cable like this and plug it into the CPU PWM header OR use a PWM cable splitter for the pumps and another set for the PWM fans.

So I would get 2 of the 8-way PWM cable splitters, 1 for pumps and another for fans. What would you suggest for a good controller?

So I would get 2 of the 8-way PWM cable splitters, 1 for pumps and another for fans. What would you suggest for a good controller?

The PWM headers on your MBs controlled via BIOS and or MB software in windows will control anything connected to your MB headers. Almost all the controllers except maybe 2 are non-PWM (analog) controllers in the market still if you were to go buy a 3rd party controller. Analog controllers aren't compatible with PWM devices, if that's what you're asking. Your MB PWM headers can control a PWM or analog device.

The PWM headers on your MBs controlled via BIOS and or MB software in windows will control anything connected to your MB headers. Almost all the controllers except maybe 2 are non-PWM (analog) controllers in the market still if you were to go buy a 3rd party controller. Analog controllers aren't compatible with PWM devices, if that's what you're asking. Your MB PWM headers can control a PWM or analog device.

So I really don't need a controller, I can just find some good software and control them through windows, thanks Jack.

I want to add a drain at the bottom of the loop somewhere (near the bottom rad) but since the intake and outlet on the rad is on the topside, that still isn't going to be able to drain the rad. Is there anyway around that?

You can add a T-line at the lowest part of your loop to drain. Something like this:

Attachments

• Drain.jpg
    Drain.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 115
Thanks Neb, I was thinking something along that line except I guess it won't empty the rad because the ports are on the topside. Is there way of getting around that without tilting the case?

I'm getting an Aquaero 6, will the XSPC D5's work ok with it? I also want to include the Aquacomputer flow sensor.

Why not grab Aquaero's D5 pumps? A bit more, more powerful and will make things a lot easier and work well with the hardware/software.

Jack it's been a real PITA so far trying to order that kit separately. There are totally different options now getting pieces individually, and some are ones I haven't seen or don't want. I've emailed them asking if I could exchange the pumps.

Well I can't swap out the pumps, so I've dumped the kit and picked out everything individually. Lol this order is huge.:shock:

Well I've ran into a snag. I got the RX240 mounted at the bottom with push fans, but with the PSU installed there is no clearance for cables. The rad is as far forward towards the front of the case as it will go. There is another inch and a half there and maybe I could drill new holes, otherwise I'm SOL.

What would you guys say is the best location to put the temperature sensors for the CPU & GPU?

What would you guys say is the best location to put the temperature sensors for the CPU & GPU?

Temperature probes? I only use them for ambient air temps. Not sure how well they'll play being on a solid hot plate or base.

Back