• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
after he filled in the water. I can bet, it will be 250-300bls. My Phanteks case is small and housing 3 Black Ice GTX radiators 1 480, 2 360, its weight 90bls. Can you imaging 10 thick 480 radiator. a large case and a lot of water. heavy, heavy.

What size tubing are you using?

Alphacool gives dimensions of that area where the fittings are, you can check the max size that you could fit.

If you already have the compressions and the rads, just get a few angled fittings or extenders to bring it pass the fan housing.

Ill use 1/2" tubing and no i only have 1 fitting, is it worth it to get extenders instead of barb fittings?

I use barbs only personally, but on a sponsored rig I'd go with extenders and compressions. At the least to keep it all uniform...

If you already have the compressions and the rads, just get a few angled fittings or extenders to bring it pass the fan housing.

+1 :thup:

I also did this a few times in the past and worked well.

I wasn't talking about cost (though certainly a factor), but if you're representing a business, it should at least be all uniform wether compression fittings or barbs, because they're probably expecting to be represented when it's done, and seeing to the details like that are what they'd expect.

So if you're planning on using compression fittings in one place, it's best to use them everywhere. And at $6-$16 apiece for the 20 fittings alone on radiators....well my choice would be barbs everywhere. :D

I wasn't talking about cost (though certainly a factor), but if you're representing a business, it should at least be all uniform wether compression fittings or barbs, because they're probably expecting to be represented when it's done, and seeing to the details like that are what they'd expect.

So if you're planning on using compression fittings in one place, it's best to use them everywhere. And at $6-$16 apiece for the 20 fittings alone on radiators....well my choice would be barbs everywhere. :D

More than 20 since the top 3 are my fill station and bottom 3 my drain ones :( i know what you saying about looking neat, but at some point i have to say stop... If not this build will cost me close to a brand new car price

Something like this deserves monsoons fittings.

Ive used a couple different compressions, and smaller size hose on barbs.

Barbs are good but look crap, like someone else said compressions for such a build. Also when the tighter hose is put on the barb its a biatch to remove.

monsoons done right NEVER leak, i love them. (get a proper pipe cutter) i done one of my monsoons up tight when i first got them. tried pulling the hose out of it and it was strong like OX (i do weights most days and bench 200lb plus lol still couldnt get it to move) but they do scratch very easily (but they can be painted very easily, not the carbon ones tho)

contact monsoon for a better price on the crazy amount of fittings. damn i even think they make a larger size fitting for unique builds. might be worth asking!

p.s we need more pics for all this talking (maybe a mod can clean it up lol)

p.s we need more pics for all this talking (maybe a mod can clean it up lol)

I added a few yesterday or the day before, just check the update log at the end of the 1st post.. :)

and yes i think i may go with Monsoons, just have to figure if i want:

a) Red fittings + red tubing
b) Red fittings + black tubing
c) Black fittings + red tubing

B.

IMO after having red and black hosed builds, i prefer black. It looks so much more solid, classy and refined than red.

I chose white monsoon fittings and they stand out on all colour hoses. Next build im thinking yellow hose.

I added a few yesterday or the day before, just check the update log at the end of the 1st post.. :)

and yes i think i may go with Monsoons, just have to figure if i want:

a) Red fittings + red tubing
b) Red fittings + black tubing
c) Black fittings + red tubing

Go compression fittings, recommend taking a look at Bitspower, with option C. It should make it pop. B wouldn't be a bad idea either but A would be too tacky.

I could honestly be looking at solid pipes if i was doing this, but that may be too advanced for a first time builder. I have never been a fan of compression, but since i used them last, the world has moved on, and i am personally at the point where i am considering trying it again.

Apart from that, any news on the Hardware specs yet? Rampage X99? 5960X? 4x Titan Black?

I could honestly be looking at solid pipes if i was doing this, but that may be too advanced for a first time builder. I have never been a fan of compression, but since i used them last, the world has moved on, and i am personally at the point where i am considering trying it again.

Im not a 1st time builder... but! i dont think ill have the patience to do hard tubing on this one, maybe on a later revision, then again i never tried it, maybe i should

Back