• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a $40-70 gaming headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I assume you mean similar to this,
IMG_3702.jpg

With modding near anything can be done. If you are decent enough you can do it very nicely too, ala Head-Fi

1000x500px-LL-cd61c1d4_IMG_1462.JPG

The first image is 100% what I had in mind. I think I'm going to go that route. Now it's just trying to get my keyboard remapping working before I pick up the cals and that mic. Remapping the last track key to mute and the pause+next track keys to volume but so far sharpkeys and such isn't detecting them as a real key. But that's an issue for another thread and time.

I'll offer my usual advice/answer.

Some cheap Sennheiser in ear earbuds will offer better sound and be more comfortable than any gaming headset. Likewise, a cheap condensor/electret mic will be clearer and cheaper also. They're sensitive enough that you can place them pretty much anywhere and they'll faithfully record whatever you say. Just adjust your TeamSpeak broadcase volumes. No gaming headset will come close to this, expecially for under $50

Back