• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 wont POST...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozi4ever

Hi,

I just got this mobo today so i can fully use my FX-9590 cpu, but im already having problems with the mobo.
Mobo wont POST, i only get blackscreen. I updated the bios with the Flashback Button and still same.
Removed RAM, tryd 1 RAM stick, tryd different GPU, removed CPU, connected the PSU all over again and still same.

The PC is starting, the fans and some leds are doing ok.
Any ideas how i can solve this problem, it drives me crazy, 7 hours ago i started with this :(

Here are my PC Specs:

Processor:
AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor

CPU Fan:
Corsair Hydro H100i

Video Card:
AMD Radeon R9 290x 4GB DD

RAM Memory:
8GB [Kingston Hyper-X, 1866 MHz]

Motherboard:
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Power Supply:
Cooler Master GX 650W

2x SSD Samung Evo

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1, 64-bit

There's a couple things to try but first thing I would do is remove it from the case and build it on a non conductive surface such as a wooden table or cardboard box. This will eliminate any shorting that may be occuring. If you take the cooler off I would also pull the CPU out and make sure it's seated properly and there aren't any bent pins.

Also make sure you have either the 4 or 8-pin PSU connector connected to the EATX12V connector on the board...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,216
I did everything what I can think of. The 8 Pin was connected too.
I was so stressed that I gave up and connected my old mobo again : ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0, and YES this worked.
So the problem is the Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0. I think the CPU FX-9590 is not supported by Asus or the mobo is defective.

I searched Google for the same issue, and gues what...
Its a known issue, some got it worked and some not.

What mobo do you guys recommend, I need one thats full compatible with the FX-9590 right out-of-the-box.

According to Asus that chip is supported, so it's possible that you may have a bad board.
Capture2.PNG

Which BIOS is installed on the board ...... from the pic Manny posted above your Sabertooth requires BIOS 1708. It is quite possible that your board has an older BIOS in it and just doesn't quite understand what CPU you have installed. A simple BIOS update might be all you need.

Which BIOS is installed on the board ...... from the pic Manny posted above your Sabertooth requires BIOS 1708. It is quite possible that your board has an older BIOS in it and just doesn't quite understand what CPU you have installed. A simple BIOS update might be all you need.

This.

What is the year of your board?

How to find out, look on some ICs for numbers that look like "1340". The first 2 digits is the year.

If it's at least late 2013, then the BIOS is possibly fine and thus then looks more like a faulty board.

The BIOS being too early, is actually less likely to occur with Asus. Asus seems right on when releasing a board, even more so with a 2.0. To Asus' defense.

Yes my 9370 works in my Sabertooth R2 on early bios with no issues. I think it's ver 803 IIRC
As for which board, you have the right board for that CPU you just need one that works.

Back