• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue screen of death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeng130

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine is a streamer and recently he has been getting blue screens in the middle of his stream which can be very frustrating. From what I know he's had a few of them now and just last night he ran a memtest and this was his result
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need more information or have any suggestions for him to try out that would be great! :)

Says right in the report his memory failed the test and only passed 20% of the total test or 4 tests out of 20 passed. Bad memory.

New memory, no more blue screens :)

Last edited:
Says right in the report his memory failed the test and only passed 20% of the total test or 4 tests out of 20 passed. Bad memory.

New memory, no more blue screens :)

Ok so all he needs is a new ram stick then?

If he has dual channel it would be two sticks he would need to replace so that they match.

Ask him what memory and if he has the bill for the memory that was in his system. I have G-Skills
and they warranty their memory for life so maybe he has lifetime warranty too.

Last edited:
He does have two and will be replacing them. He said he has the box and receipt and has had them under 90 days so he should be good to go. Hopefully that fixes the issue, thanks for the help klrman I appreciate it.

Anytime, glad to help. Happened to me long ago on my Toshiba laptop. Blue screen was driving me nuts until I figured out what was going in.

Back