• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

let's ghetto something

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I'm so busy and tired it's over the top.
the little woman says she want's to stay in this little house of ours and that the big house is just to much to take care of, so I'm here, like it or not.
but that means I can do anything I want at the other house.....HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
she can't see what I'm doing at the other house from here, HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
I have an amd A6 6400k and a crappy motherboard there, (think REALY CRAPPY), I have the lark cooler kit, I have a 7970 with a waterblock on the way, I have the zalman resevator V1 there, I have two swiftech mrc 320 rads there, I have 2 hd7770 cards and an hd7850 there, I also have the azza hurrycan case that just needs a cpu and motherboard that i used to push the old 8350 to 5.5 with, ready to go, cooling system, psu and all there, ready to go!!!! I also have the coolermaser lanbox laying around.
I allready built the 5.0, 8 core, gtx760 sli htpc.
what should I ghetto up (just because I have the crap laying around and I am worked to friggen death!!!!!!!

I wouldn't inflict a 6400K on a 7970... Really going to bottleneck that poor GPU. But hey, if it's all you've got, it's all you've got! Go for it.

Have you ever thought of trying to bring your wife into your gaming hobby rather than hide it from her?

My last long term gf who I lived with used to complain about my extended computer use and gaming. My solution? Buy a bunch of games I thought she'd like. I got her hooked on The Simpsons and Mortal Kombat and she stopped complaining. :attn:

my little suga bee is very tired of my toys, she's 62 and I'm not going to try and change her, last time i tried that she quit making potato salad.
I guess it'll be a watercooled 6400k/7970 on air to start, it'll be slow going as I am migrating us to this other house in what little spare time i have now.

You need to migrate before cold weather like the birds do or get caught with snow in your feathers. Hehehe.
RGone...

well, the 7970 got here.
as i was told the thing might be big, it is, and i'm good with that.
with the aircooler seems to weigh as much as my little htpc that it is going into and it seems that with the weight of the waterblock, when we get around to installing that, the card will weigh more than the rest of the rig. this will be my first watercooled gpu when we get to that.
I get a feeling looking at the girth of this card that heat will be an issue in the little case.
I also get a feeling that the poor little richland cpu is going to have to work a little just to feed this thing so I hope the little coolermaster seidon is up to that task.

I can give up most anything, but not tater salat nor everclear!!!!!

so, here we have the little a6 cpu watercooled with the zalman resevator v1, an xspc raystorm block on the cpu along with an aircooled, asus hd 7970 directcuii top card.
here in heaven i seem to not be getting all that the card will give.
right now that's ok.
what's got my nose all out of shape right now is that over in the overclocktagon a dear friend of ours is also running a 2 core and just bashing my bits.
so without letting blaylock know anything, please help me spring a little suprise on him.

here's the screen shots.

Attachments

• heaven.JPG
    heaven.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 122
  • rig.JPG
    rig.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 124
I don't know if you're going to catch you know who C_D. .30 pts is a lot with a dual core. Maybe if you can get that thing up in the mid 5.0 range but even then .....

YOu actually gave me an idea:

I am going to bench the little A4 in sig with a couple of 280X's...

That can be funny!

:popcorn:

Lol. I have no doubt you'll catch me C_D. My 6000+ does Ok too, but this Regor chip just likes to run. I can't wait to get it cold.

EDIT: I want to submit my 145 Sempy too, but I ran out of TIM. Noob mistake I guess. I have a big tube of Gelid GC Supreme en route so it shouldn't be long now.

ok this is what i just posted in the overclocktapus, the little lump is getting a little to hot.
with this resevator i get 4 shots at this clock and voltage, haveing to add a little vcore each time, so a change of cooling to something a little more active and a little on the bizzar side is in order.
I once read about a " nuclear cooling tower" thing in these forums, I will be scouring the forums for info on this thing.

Attachments

• 5200.JPG
    5200.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 91
Back