• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice please on what I can get OC from this setup - i5-2500K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Highest I have seen on all cores in temp is 71 C so far (been watching it)

Just seen your above post ok will try that.. :)

Yeh I was on Blend will try SFT , how long for?

Merged posts again... please edit when adding before someone posts man... :)

Blend tests the entire system (memory and CPU). Small FFT is just for the CPU. Stick to that for now. As far as how long. I would give it a few hours.

Highest I am getting in CPUID HWMonitor so far is 72 C
Since I started it, out of all the cores 1-3 and Package
Is that right or am I looking for something else?
With just usual background apps working like antivirus and just Surfing Internet

So is that ok? if not what do I adjust to lower temperature?

I just run realtemp. The package temp is really only worth looking at for AMD CPUs.

That said, temps are fine.

If you get a chance when your finished work can you look at the screen shots and let me know :)
Stopping Prime for the time being as cant see any errors...

Screenshots of what I have before ending the 2 applications

118euzs.jpg

160vrb4.jpg

Last edited:
tiny pic is 3rd party... but I can see one attached at the forum...

I see no errors there, but it was only a 3 hour run. I don't expect to see any, but most will say to let it do its thing for 4 hours.

Any way to lower these temps without aid of fan and just using bios settings :confused:

160vrb4.jpg

If not do you think its ok to leave everything just the way it is?

The temps are fine. I see no reason to lower them in the first place (as I said already :)). you can try lowering the vcore until it becomes unstable, that is about the only way without adding more fans/better cooling.

ok thanks for all your help and guidance will let you know on how I get on :thup:

Back